Job title: Senior Golang Engineer – Core Experience team ( Zurich )
Job description: Smallpdf is the most-loved and most-trusted PDF software on the planet. We serve over 500 million users in 24 different languages processing millions of documents per day, and in every country in the world—even Antarctica! To deliver a product that users love, we solve complex technical problems at scale using cloud native and open source technologies.
As one of the most successful startups in Switzerland, with staff from all over the world, we’re on a mission to make PDF easy. We love open-source and using the latest technologies to scale our distributed application to process millions of files every day.
You’ll join the core experience team where our mission is to solve people’s jobs when it comes to the creation, handling, altering and sharing of documents in one unified, streamlined, everyday tool that requires no setup and is easy to use from any device that can run a common browser. We aim to eliminate obstacles when it comes to difficult document formats, so our users can focus on more important tasks in their daily life.
As a Backend engineer in our team, you’ll contribute to solve challenges tackling document conversions including Office to PDF or document manipulation and their related services.
- Ensure the scalability and reliability of services from top to bottom.
- Architect and develop infrastructure to mitigate scalability, security, and reliability risks.
- Mentor and grow a community of backend engineers to contribute to Smallpdf.
Discover more of our stack on
- 3+ years of Golang experience in software development.
- Experience with AWS.
- Fully own and be responsible for your work.
- Based in Zurich or willing to relocate (this is an on-site role).
- Swiss or EU passport/permit.
Nice to Have:
- Experience scaling (micro-) web services to millions of users.
- The opportunity to impact a successful, growing scale-up and its tools used by millions worldwide.
- We are remote-work friendly (we prioritize a healthy work-life balance).
- We are remote-work friendly (we prioritize a healthy work-life balance)
- Work in small, highly motivated, cross-functional teams that push boundaries.
- A dedicated annual budget and time off for personal development
- Enjoy company events in the Swiss Alps, on Lake Zurich, or even further afield.
- After-work events include BBQs, cinema, game nights, meet-ups, and more.
- Learn German with our free German language course.
- Hack days to challenge yourself and the team.
- Unlimited free coffee and drinks.
- Weekly team lunch on the house.
- Brand new offices in the heart of Zurich.
Rated by Forbes as one of the top 10 cities in the world for work-life balance, Zurich is the place to work for anyone who wants more out of life. From chocolate, cheese, and Rӧsti to snow-capped mountains, haute couture, Swiss-made watches, and outstanding public transport, whatever it is that makes your heart beat faster, it’s all right here in Switzerland—and so is Smallpdf.
Smallpdf is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a talented, diverse, and inclusive workforce is our greatest strength. We strongly oppose any form of hiring or workplace discrimination against candidates or employees on any basis, including race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, philosophy, nationality, disability, or genetic information. We’re committed to fostering a safe, supportive environment where everyone can come to work as their full selves and reach their greatest potential.
By sending your application, you allow Smallpdf to handle and store your data.
Smallpdf does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Smallpdf and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Job date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 22:48:54 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net