Job title: Senior Finance Associate (Subject Matter Expert-SME), GS-7, Finance Section, Global Shared Services Centre, Budapest, Hungary (Posts # 95460 and 95448)
Job description: UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, results.
UNICEF’s Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary provides services to UNICEF offices globally in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology.
GSSC has won the 2019 Business Services Firm of the Year in Hungary, 26 regional awards announced at the Central and Eastern European Business Services Summit & Awards held in Warsaw, Poland.
How can you make a difference?
The Senior Finance Associate (Subject Matter Expert-SME) is responsible to support the Finance and Master Data Management (MDM) Section with driving upstream process efficiency change, working on inhouse process automation, deriving productivity improvements, supporting lift and shift activities from other UNICEF sections, eliminate showstoppers and transaction failures. Also, to ensure the successful system and process implementations between the various stakeholders.
This Vacancy Announcement covers two SME positions which primarily provide specialized support to the Revenue and Payment processes. These roles work under the direct supervision of the Finance Officer (SME)
Key functions, accountabilities, and related tasks:
The Senior Finance Associate (SME) supports the SME team in many critical areas, including:
- Manage behavioral change at the Country Offices
- Work on project delivery internally
- Lead/Participate in business solutions that bring upstream value
- Provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Knowledge sharing and stakeholder engagement
- Identifying areas where technical solutions would improve business performance
- Identifying innovative solutions to improve efficiency
- Report design to support decision making
- Comprehensive review of issues, bottlenecks, returns and other process issues and develop suitable solutions for implementation are also part of the role.
- Support stream specific project implementation.
- Proactive coordination and integration with stream lead for timely resolution of issues and proactive well-considered responses to their needs.
- Work proactively with related streams to ensure coordinated efforts.
- Accurately represent their business units‘ needs to the project team.
- Provide input for the design and construction of test cases and scenarios and may also validate executed test results.
- Test the products or services towards the end of the project (user acceptance testing), using and evaluating it for accuracy and usability, providing feedback to the project team.
- Committed to the project and participate in the workshops
- Delivery of improvement initiatives and process improvement proposals
- Generate improvement ideas to increase internal efficiencies and implement internal automation
- External facing burden reduction and ensure the accuracy of the Datawarehouse
- Provide necessary reports to drive change
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of University Degree (BA) in the field of accounting and finance from a reputable institute or qualified accountancy from an internationally recognized accountancy body
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience in finance is required, preferably with the UN or other international organization
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience within a Procure to Pay (P2P) or Report to Report (R2R) Shared Services Centre environment
- Demonstrated contribution to the delivery of process improvements with realizable benefits
- Demonstrated a positive, proactive approach and works well within a collaborative environment
- Able to generate improvement initiatives for both GSSC and Country Offices
- Significant hands on SAP experience, including P2P/R2R related modules and data analysis
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and risk management in relevant finance process
- Fluency in English both spoken and written
- A self-starter, motivated and able to work independently and client focused
- Strong Analytical skills, and able to develop reports using Power BI or other data tools
- Project management skills and Project Implementation experience
- Knowledge of and experience in system automation and automation tools
- Preparation of high-quality process and operational documentation
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
Requirement for Internal applicants:
Internal applicants are required to complete the GSSC Learning Paths for the level of this post.
For Vacancy Announcements in 2021, internal applicants who are only able to complete the self-directed online components of training courses in the Learning Paths due to non-availability of workshops during the time of the Vacancy Announcements, are required to complete the workshop components during the selection process. In case an internal candidate is identified as recommended candidate, all relevant courses must be completed before the onboarding date.
Please visit the L&D Portal for more information.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability (CRITA) underpin everything we do and how we do it
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
To view our competency framework, please visit:
Applicants must be nationals of EU countries or in possession of a valid work permit. Please attach a copy of your work permit to your application submission.
General Service (GS) staff are locally recruited staff and therefore, candidates are personally responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements. UNICEF does not facilitate Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) accreditation for locally recruited staff.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, appearance, socio-economic status, ability, age, religious, and ethnic backgrounds, to apply to become a part of the organization. More information on UNICEF’s commitment to diversity and inclusion:
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Advertised: 09 Nov 2021 Central Europe Standard Time
Deadline: 22 Nov 2021 Central Europe Standard Time
Job date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 00:51:12 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net