Job title: Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
Company: Visual Meta
Job description: Sending applications for this position is currently not working. Try again later.
Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin
Your mission at Visual Meta? As „Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)” you will be working in a diverse team of server operators collaborating to ensure that our infrastructure is running efficiently. You will engage in maintaining, troubleshooting and improving our current setup. We will encourage you to find solutions to problems by taking risks in a blame-free environment that promotes self-directed work. You will be supported by multiple training opportunities to learn and grow professionally.
Your challenges and tasks
- Evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Assist in the transition to move our IT infrastructure into the cloud
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Practice incident response and blameless postmortems
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in Amazon Web Services (IAM, VPC, S3, EC2, EKS, RDS etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in working with Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure as code software tools, preferably Terraform
- Experience with monitoring distributed systems using Prometheus or Datadog
- Good understanding of CI/CD related technologies such as Jenkins and CircleCI
- Good understanding of the Linux operating systems, its internals and administration
- Comprehensive knowledge of networking concepts and protocols (e.g., DNS, DHCP, IPv4, TCP/IP, OSI layers)
- You are an analytically thinking mind with a systematic approach to problem solving
- You are engaging and have good communication skills in English
- You are proactive and have a sense of ownership and drive
What we offer
- We are a successful e-commerce company hiring under any circumstances, we onboard our new colleagues remotely
- Be part of our agile environment, work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. Hackathons, TechTalks) with the opportunity to join Tech Conferences
- We love diversity – Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority – Profit from a structured on-boarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility – With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you- Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together – Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability. Your designated Talent Acquisition Manager Nur Süzen is looking forward to your application!
We are Visual Meta, a successful & profitable internet company founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from our well-designed office in the middle of Berlin, we run 13 comparison shopping portals in Europe under the brands LadenZeile and ShopAlike. Together, the sites drive up to 500,000 sessions a day, list 200 million offers from thousands of online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers by creating reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. We work with the professionalism of a successfully grown company, while fostering the culture of a start-up. Our office is like a micro melting pot, where inspired individuals from all over the world connect their cultures, ideas and skills. In an atmosphere that is built on appreciation – right from the start. Every one of our 219 employees plays a vital role in our success story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team!
Your application / …
Please fill out the following …
Email * Something went wrong
Do you currently hold a working permission for Germany? (e.g. EU, Blue Card, Visa) *
If so, what kind? *
Language skills and level *
Available from *
Please upload your CV, cover letter and university certificates. Feel free to attach more information about you.
Job date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 23:42:41 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net