Job title: Senior Data Engineer
Company: MatHem i Sverige AB
Job description: Om MatHem
MatHem grundades 2006 och är idag marknadsledare inom e-handel för livsmedel. Vårt mål är att ge våra användare smidiga och engagerande upplevelser i allt från planering och inköp till levereras med hög kvalitet direkt hem till dörren. Vi är ca 1600 anställda fördelade på vårt huvudkontor i centrala Stockholm och våra fyra logistikcenter i Stockholm/Bromma, Stockholm/Veddesta, Göteborg och Malmö.
At MatHem we are all about convenience. We create more time for whatever people love – cooking, family time, exercise, and work. We are dedicated to creating an outstanding experience for our customers – from planning purchases with your family until the milk is in your fridge. Working with us, you have a rare opportunity to put a positive impact on peoples’ lives. The smile on people’s faces when the groceries are handed over is priceless.
We look for humble people with the ambition to make a large impact on our customers and our company. You will have all opportunities to do so. MatHem is backed by Kinnevik who has a track record of betting on companies that successfully transform industries; from media to telco. We’re proud to work with them and think you will be too.
Right now we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our new data team in our beautiful Stockholm office. As a part of an innovative, agile, international team in one of Sweden’s fastest-growing tech companies, you will have a unique opportunity. We are working in a multi-cloud environment (AWS and GCP), but with a primary emphasis on the data product and services on GCP.
For further details on our setup, please read our very own Robert Sahlin’s blog post .
- Work closely with data scientists, product teams to understand data and analysis requirements
- Design and build new dimensional data models and schema designs to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data pipelines and data products in production
Skills & Wish list
- Bachelor’s degree and/or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience working for a technology company
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, including data structures and complexity analysis
- Fluency in an OOP language, such as Python, Java, C#, or similar, as well as an ANSI-SQL variant
- Experience working with cloud-based data warehouses and data lakes (such as BigQuery, Redshift, or similar)
- Interest in AI/ML, serverless architectures, and experience in workflow orchestration (e.g. Airflow, Cloud Composer) as well as streaming data processing technologies (such as Apache Beam, Spark Streaming, Kafka Streams, or similar) is a plus
- You are a friendly person that appreciates a healthy tech culture
- You have a Swedish work permit
At MatHem we generally use this tech stack:
- Serverless (Lambda & dynamodb)
- Event-driven (sqs, sns & event bridge)
- Microservice architecture (API gateway + lambda)
- Bounded and pragmatic contexts
- Managed services if no serverless (e.g Elasticsearch)
- Infrastructure as Code (Cloudformation & SAM)
- Observability (kibana & cw for logs and datadog for dashboards, alerts, and metrics)
Coding languages (agnostic mindset in general even though C# is the tool for this specific role)
- dotnet core
- Analytics (BigQuery, GA, GO, GTM, and our own data from AWS)
- ML (we also use Sagemaker in AWS)
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net