Job title: Senior Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Company: Visual Meta
Job description: Sending applications for this position is currently not working. Try again later.
Senior Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin
Your mission at Visual Meta? As a Senior Data Engineer (m/f/d), you play an important role within our Data Team in building and continuously improving our Data Warehouse in the Cloud to deliver the relevant Data for all current and future use cases to the whole company and our applications
Your challenges and tasks
- Develop, test and maintain sophisticated data infrastructures based on our tech stack combining proprietary and 3rd party solutions: Java, Python, AWS DMS, AWS Data Sync, AWS S3, AWS MSK, Apache Hadoop, Snowflake, Impala
- Develop processes to extract, transform, and load data from internal & external sources
- Execute data quality checks (e.g. validation, consolidation, deduplication, etc.)
- Build up complex data models to accommodate a growing demand of sophisticated data use cases for analytical & production purposes (e.g. machine learning)
- Work closely with your colleagues from the Business Intelligence & Machine Learning teams and deliver the data they need
- Identify and evaluate current developments and new technologies to ensure Visual Meta keeps a cutting edge in data processing
- Teach, guide, and lead less experienced colleagues from a content perspective
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing state of the art, modular data infrastructures – always driven by use cases and end user value
- Expert knowledge of Java and / or Python
- Hands on knowledge of database systems and schemas, ideally dimensional modelling
- Expert knowledge in building ETL / ELT pipelines, data lakes & raw data layers, file manipulation & transformation layers and cloud data warehousing (ideally with AWS DMS, MSK, Sync; Snowflake)
- Strong solution focus, constantly trying to reduce the “time to insight” (analytics data) and “time to product enhancement” (production data)
- Pragmatic and driven – no falling in love with the process over achieving results
- Ability to understand the big picture and the nitty gritty
- Fluent written and spoken English (German is a nice to have)
- Quick on the uptake, team player, thrives in an international environment
What we offer
- Be part of our agile environment, work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. Hackathons, TechTalks) with the opportunity to join Tech Conferences
- We love diversity – Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority – Benefit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility – With us, you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you – Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27+ vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together – Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability. Your designated Talent Acquisition Manager Nur Süzen is looking forward to your application!
We are Visual Meta, a successful & profitable internet company founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from our well-designed office in the middle of Berlin, we run 13 comparison shopping portals in Europe under the brands LadenZeile and ShopAlike. Together, the sites drive up to 500,000 sessions a day, list 200 million offers from thousands of online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers by creating reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. We work with the professionalism of a successfully grown company, while fostering the culture of a start-up. Our office is like a micro melting pot, where inspired individuals from all over the world connect their cultures, ideas and skills. In an atmosphere that is built on appreciation – right from the start. Every one of our 219 employees plays a vital role in our success story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team!
Your application / …
Please fill out the following …
Email * Something went wrong
Do you currently hold a working permission for Germany? (e.g. EU, Blue Card, Visa) *
If so, what kind? *
Language skills and level *
Available from *
Please upload your CV, cover letter and university certificates. Feel free to attach more information about you.
Job date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 05:14:07 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net