Job title: Senior Consultant – Impact Assessment (Multiple Locations)
Job description: We invite you to bring your expertise into play as you will join our Impact Assessment Spearhead in Italy, which is part of Ramboll’s Environment & Health Division. To succeed in this role, you must have a Master of Science (Laurea quinquennale) or a PhD in Environmental Engineering, or other relevant field, and relevant professional experience in the Impact Assessment sector in both national and international settings. Are you our new IA Senior Consultant? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Environment & Health department
As our new IA Senior Consultant, you will be part of a group of like-minded individuals who are passionate about permitting, international and national environmental regulation and standards, and about assisting Ramboll’s clients with their most challenging problems. The Impact Assessment Spearhead is an international team spanning from Europe, the East-Med area, and APAC with clients across various industries (Oli&Gas, Petrochemical, Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Steel, Services, etc.) on a range of topics, including but not limited to project finance, environmental permitting, human health risk assessment, climate change, labour and working conditions, human rights, biodiversity, compliance.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Interpretation and application of international E&S standards / requirements (Equator Principle 4, IFC, EBRD; AfDB, etc.);
- Conduct site visits both in Italy and abroad;
- Critically reviewing and interpreting EU and Italian environmental regulations;
- Preparing major and minor permit applications (e.g. AIA, AUA, etc.);
- Preparing reports under Italia Environmental Impact Assessment legislation (screening, SIA, VINCA, etc.);
- Assisting clients in complying with existing environmental permits (air emissions, waste management, wastewater control, etc.) in their operations;
- Manage the technical, schedule and budgetary elements of projects;
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Master of Science (Laurea quinquennale) or PhD in Environmental Engineering, or other relevant field
- Proven relevant experience in a similar role either in industry or consultancy
- Demonstrated capabilities in understanding and applying environmental regulations to real-world situations;
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to communicate effectively with regulatory authorities, government officials, major customers and senior executives within the organization;
- Experience with PC-based and network applications software;
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in both Italian and English. Professional knowledge of an additional language is a plus (i.e. French, Spanish).
- Excellent report writing capabilities in both Italian and English Language;
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate scientific issues to technical and non-technical person audience;
- Being comfortable working in industrial facilities/settings;
- Willingness to travel in Italy and abroad.
The successful candidate can come from any part of Italy. Regular presence with colleagues at our offices in Rome and Milan is to be expected. Frequency to be discussed.
Welcome to our Environment & Health division and Impact Assessment Spearhead
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
One of the five building blocks in our Group Strategy Winning Together is to grow our Spearhead Services. In order to be successful we need to leverage our best capabilities in selected areas and stay focused on markets and clients where we can make a difference. The Spearheads will help Ramboll become more specialised in these selected areas while keeping our broad multidisciplinary competence base and holistic offering that remains a unique selling point.
The IA Spearhead focusses on:
- Targetting large, strategic projects – no matter where these occur, within our strongholds or beyond
- Strengthening our existing strongholds with a focus on national IA work, eg local EIAs
- Growing IA revenue broadly
Ramboll in Europe
Ramboll has more than 11,000 experts working across 240 offices in Europe. We are present in Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Our experts are applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions in markets as diverse as Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy and Management Consulting. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net