Job title: Senior Backend Developer C# (f/m/x)
Company: nyris GmbH
Job description: Your mission
At nyris, we’re building a visual search system that enables customers around the world to find the best matches in millions of items using just a smartphone photo. In an average month, we process over seventy billion images per day in over 56 countries.
As a Backend Engineer (f/m/x) at nyris, you’ll work with a smart set of team members who are very motivated to keep learning and continuing to grow each other in a supportive way. We solve problems as a team and everyone works together towards a common goal. There are different backend-oriented teams that your interests and experience could lead you into.
You’ll be working with large amounts of streaming or bulk data, using a variety of technologies to process and store this data, providing our customers valuable information about their apps and end-user engagement. If you’re excited about working with interconnected data, graphs, telemetry and data visualizations, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to do so with our team.
Your mission is to design and implement fault-tolerant and efficient distributed systems and create the supporting features that make our service outstanding. You’ll be working across a variety of technologies to solve problems around the massive traffic that we receive on the platform. The platform is at the core of nyris, where you’ll be developing software that powers the lifecycle of a search request, enables developers to integrate nyris with their systems, and strives for better availability and higher throughput.
We move quickly and adjust to changing priorities and conditions, and you’ll be able to help us focus on key priorities and pragmatic solutions.
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience in compiled programming languages. Our main language is C#, but we also have projects span across multiple languages, such as Go and Rust. We believe in picking the right tool for the right problem.
- An extensive history of delivering product features & deploying services with a high level of comfort iterating on a system while it is constantly serving traffic. Our system is always on with demanding availability and throughput challenges.
- A good sense of how to work with web technologies, with some experience around systems performance and analysis and previous exposure to Load Balancing, HTTP REST and GraphQL or gRPC.
- A familiarity of working with databases like MongoDB and SQL and a high level of comfort working with data pipelines built with RabbitMQ, Kafka or similar technologies.
- A familiarity with microservice architecture and cloud-native development, Docker and ideally Kubernetes.
- Curiosity and openness to learning new technologies and best practices.
- Passion for working in a collaborative environment, where you enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise and backgrounds, and a passion for mentoring and coaching your more junior colleagues.
- A valid EU work permit.
Within 6 months, you’ll:* Elevate the work of the team and become a subject matter expert in an area that interests you.
- Contribute to building reliable microservices that are deployed into our Kubernetes clusters.
- Make a significant impact to our team by designing an extensively scalable solution to accommodate our rapidly growing data demands and customer base.
- Broaden your connections across the organization, e.g. into the Infrastructure, Machine Learning / Data Science and Customer Success teams.
Within 12 months, you’ll:* Have ownership over making extensive contributions to a large scale system that delivers insights about traffic, search trends, and other visibility issues.
- Play a significant role in implementing globally distributed, latency-sensitive, high throughput services, and iterate on the way our search logic works and resolves content.
- Extensively collaborate with engineering leadership to level up the team and continually improve the maintainability, scalability and observability of the platform.
- Begin coaching and mentoring other team members within the technology teams, and consult our Product and Customer Success teams.
This timeline is intended to show you an example of what you can expect from the role. Keep in mind we’re always iterating, learning, and growing, thus expect these guidelines to continue to evolve as we expand. We’re excited for you to join us on the journey!
You will learn, grow professionally, contribute to an outstanding team, and play a decisive role in fueling a massive change in the world of visual search.
Furthermore we offer you:
- A full-time employment and a well-equipped workplace in Berlin,
- The opportunity to work from home and adapt your working hours flexibly to your needs,
- Regular team retrospectives as well as individual feedback talks,
- The possibility to take part in in-house reading clubs and tech talks,
- An education budget of 200 € per month at your free disposal,
- Tax-exempt benefits such as daily free lunches and birthday and Christmas bonuses,
- A competitive salary and employee stocks,
- 30 days of vacation and special leave if needed.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway! We understand that experience isn’t a set of bullet points – and the best stories start with the unexpected.
When applying please include:
A CV or résumé, shortly listing your job history and skills. Links to your GitHub and LinkedIn profiles are much appreciated.
Our hiring process for this role consists of a neuroscientific test that checks your team fit, three video interviews and a coding exercise.
Job date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 22:30:25 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net