Job title: Senior Autonomous Navigation Engineer
Company: pal robotics
Job description: Company Description
PAL Robotics’ mission is to create disruptive service robots that enhance society’s quality of life and solve daily problems. We are a EU leader in service robotics and design and manufacture highly integrated and reliable solutions for service industries and research institutions worldwide.
We are a team of highly-passionate experts in robotics, who create cutting edge solutions and collaborate with the world – famous companies and have over 15 years of experience in R&D being known for our humanoid and mobile robots used for research, logistics, retail and social applications for companies, institutions and labs.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer in the area of SLAM and autonomous navigation.
The ideal candidate has strong knowledge in C++/Python software development as well as proven experience leading and mentoring software engineers to help improve their skills, efficiency and productivity.
The selected individual will be part of the team responsible for developing, integrating and maintaining the autonomous navigation system on Pal Robotics robots both with wheels and legs.
The robots are going to work in real environments and for this reason safety, robustness, fault detection and recovery should be taken into account during the project design and implementation process.
– Maintenance of the current PAL Robotics navigation system
– Long term navigation strategy development
– Autonomous Localization in indoor environment with multiple sensors: odometry, IMU, laser, cameras, WiFi
– Path planning and motion control with obstacle avoidance
– SLAM 2D/3D
– Low-cost navigation solution development (RGB-D or camera)
– Code QA through Unit Tests
– Functional testing on simulation environment
– Stress test in real environments
– Availability to travel for Pilots and PoC
– Master’s degree in Computer Science/ Control / Robotics/ AI
– At least 5 years C++ experience
– Knowledge about SLAM algorithms
– Proactive team working attitude
– Good communication skills (at least in English)
– Good knowledge of ROS and the ROS Navigation Stack
– Experience with real robotic hardware
– Experience with ROS2
– Experience with version control systems (git)
– Experience with Ubuntu/Linux
– Experience with robotics simulation environment (Gazebo)
– Python/Bash knowledge
– The team is located in Barcelona, Spain.
– The contract is for a permanent position.
– The candidate must have a valid work permit or be elligible to work in Spain.
– Flexible working hours, perks.
– Start date: immediate.
If you’re interested, please apply using the link in this site, or submit your resume to recruit@ pal-robotics.com.
Please specify the job code JOB-2021-001 and job name in the email subject file.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net