Job title: SENIOR ARCHITECT WITH 10+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE FOR ASIA STUDIO IN ROTTERDAM
Job description: SENIOR ARCHITECT WITH 10+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE FOR ASIA STUDIO IN ROTTERDAM
For the supervision of our projects currently under development and/or under construction in Asia, MVRDV is looking for a senior and seasoned project leader with international building execution knowledge and experience on construction sites.
The experienced project leader is someone with affinity for MVRDV architecture and extensive experience with complex and / or larger scale projects, ranging from design elaboration and tendering to technical phases, execution, and delivery. This senior position asks for someone who can take a strong leading role, and who can ensure a smooth process from start to end.
The position is based at the MVRDV house in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Strong design leadership to deal mid-(or large-)size of design team
- Technical specialist in the Asia studio focusing on Asian market
- Input on all technical aspects to ensure the design execution meets the design intent
- Control design quality of big scale complex projects
- Close collaboration with the (founding) partner in charge of the project
- Work within a given budget and timeframe
- Coordinating role between the Rotterdam MVRDV Asia studio, MVRDV Shanghai office and consultants
A highly dynamic, internationally orientated and creative office with many enthusiastic colleagues that work on projects on different scales all over the world. Salary according to collective work agreement (CAO Architecten).
MVRDV is a globally operating firm with a team of more than 230 employees, dedicated to innovative architecture and urban design.
Founded in 1993, the MVRDV headquarters are based in Rotterdam with subsidiaries in Shanghai and Paris.
MVRDV is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants equally, regardless of gender or marital status, race or color, nationality or ethnic origin, religion or religious belief, sexual orientation, disability or age.
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill in the online form and upload your motivation letter, CV and portfolio preferably as PDF not larger than 5mb. Let us know your preferred starting date. If you do not fill in the application form, we cannot consider your application.
- Passion for MVRDV’s work and theory is an asset
- Knowledge of the Chinese language is an advantage
- Understanding of Asian culture and Asian market
- 10+ Years‘ of proven professional experience
- At least 7 years‘ experience as a project leader of complex international projects
- At least 2 realised large scale (+30,000m2) projects
- Technical knowledge of local technologies and materials
- Team leadership experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in detailed design review phase, tender and execution process
- Ability to act as a contact person between MVRDV, client, co-architect and contractors
- Experience with completing and integrating tender packages
- Collaborative team player
- Strong Revit project experience and Adobe skills are an asset
- Good spoken and written communication skills in English
- With EU working permit is a must
- Willingness to travel to Asia
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net