Job title: Road Transport Specialist (m/f/d)
Job description: YOUR TASKS:
As a Sourcing Manager Road Transport you will be responsible to source heavy haulage transport services for various projects. The projects‘ locations are worldwide, mainly outside Europe.
- Responsible for assessment of possible transport routes, necessary transport equipment and transport prices in close cooperation with the Sales & Tender team.
- Responsible for evaluation of suppliers, negotiation regarding road transport services and continuous development of relationship with suppliers.
- Ensure on-time sourcing of high-quality transport services while meeting budget requirements.
- First contact point within the Global Sourcing Logistics Department regarding road transport.
- Collect and consolidate information regarding road transport budgets and contract costs from the European Area Logistic Managers.
- Provide and maintain monthly report.
- Support the Operations team in order to ensure successful execution of the projects.
- Evaluate cost-effectiveness of projects and recommend suitable cost optimization in cooperation with Commercial Project Management.
- Apprenticeship or Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in logistics, transport or similar technical discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the heavy haulage industry for either the wind energy sector or the energy sector in general.
- Expert in heavy haulage transport equipment.
- Good knowledge of transport restrictions, permit applications, trail runs, etc.
- Strong communication skills which allow for effective and professional negotiations with suppliers.
- Very good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent command of the English and Spanish language, both written and spoken. Good command of the German language is a benefit.
- Proficiency in MS Office, skills in SAP are a plus.
- Able to work independently and as part of an international and intercultural team.
- High level of commitment and dedication to deliver high quality work.
The role requires frequent traveling (up to 50 %), mainly outside Europe. In this role you will report directly to the Director Global Sourcing Logistics.
Nordex adheres to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions are made without regard to religion, age, sex, color, national origin, handicap, or other protected class and in full compliance with all federal and state laws.
Job date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 04:19:46 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net