Job title: Restaurant Manager
Company: Soho House
Job description: Club Manager (Restaurant Manager) – Soho House Amsterdam
Who we are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members‘ clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia with new openings planned globally.
Located in the Bungehuis on Spuistraat, Soho House Amsterdam is a private members club with 79 bedrooms, a rooftop pool, a gym, a cinema and events spaces. On the ground floor is Cowshed Spa and our Italian restaurant.
We are seeking a highly experienced Club Manager to join our venture at the Amsterdam House.
In this role you will be coordinating and optimizing the following operations: Club, House Kitchen, Bars and Open Roof top terrace (130 seats) as well as Member Events.
The ideal Management candidate will have strong leadership qualities, be passionate about food, the hospitality industry and be able to motivate a large team. We are looking for a Management professional who is capable of making decisions, has attention to detail and is confident in all situations.
Being the face of the club and having a strong passion for food and drinks is imperative.
Lastly, you will be extremely proficient in Food and Beverage Management. Up to date legislation and knowledge of current / upcoming trends is essential.
- Leading of the service team and all operational service processes throughout the Club during your shift
- Arrangement of employees into their stations
- Active support of employees in the service flow
- Book and accounting of funds in its shifts
- Preparing the Rota
- Recruitment of new employees
- On-the-job-training of new employees, apprentices and trainees
- Control of budget.
- Compliance with hygiene regulations according to HACCP
- Work close with the General Manager, Accounting and People and Development
- Professional education or studies in the hospitality industry
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience in a similiar role
- Must have a passion for food and beverage and guest satisfaction.
- Have the ability to lead and develop a large team in a busy operation.
- Fluent in English communication skills essential. Fluent in Dutch communication skills is a bonus.
- Good IT-knowledge (Microsoft Office, Micros, Opera)
People who are eligible to work in The Netherlands or have a valid Dutch work permit/visa will be considered for the above position. If you are passionate about hospitality and are looking for exciting new opportunities with our company, then we want to hear from you
Opportunities for all…
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Annual Every House Membership
- Career growth and personal development opportunities, with an opportunity to travel abroad with us
- Meals on shift
- Travel allowance
- In House Experience
- Exclusively for Head of Departments: free use of our gym
- Subsidised gym memberships and health insurance
- Partnerships with different suppliers in the city of Amsterdam
- Discounts at Soho House globally, as well as Soho Home and Cowshed
- Our food and drinks network, Cookhouse & House Tonic. Which offers a monthly calendar of interactive trainings.
- Our team events, from fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net