Job title: Regulatory Affairs Manager
Company: Syngenta Crop Protection
Job description: About Syngenta
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Lead and provide regulatory advice for the development and implementation of the global regulatory strategy into Europe to secure registration of seed technologies and support the license to operate for Syngenta’s regulated seed products. Lead the input of EU specific requirements into project plans to effectively manage current and future projects in the seeds pipeline.
- Plan, execute and monitor regulatory submissions according to project plans.
- Participate in the Regulatory project sub-teams responsible for developing a product application, providing detailed input on the local requirements and advising on the regulatory strategy for the project plan.
- Manage the regulatory agency review process and liaise with competent authorities to obtain product permit approvals within defined timelines.
- Engage with other country regulatory managers ensuring the achievement of goals.
- Assure applications and submission processes meet internal Syngenta and country regulatory standards, where applicable, or are otherwise fit for purpose.
- Interpret local safety and market authorization requirements and provide regulatory positions to support project and business needs.
- Play a proactive role in identifying risks or issues to Syngenta projects or products and contribute to the development, communication, and implementation of robust risk / issue management plans.
- Participate in industry association efforts advocating Syngenta positions as needed.
- Continue to develop and maintain expertise in your area through participation in seminars, workshops, training courses and professional associations to maximize your contribution and impact to Syngenta.
- Take steps necessary to establish yourself externally as a credible and recognized regulatory expert (via presenting, networking) to enable participation in industry-wide task forces and work groups.
- Collaborate with regional and country functions to create an environment that is supportive of agricultural tools such as modern breeding.
What we are looking for
- A degree in science and preferably post-graduate qualification (MSc or PhD).
- Detailed knowledge of product registrations and regulatory issues with multi-year experience in industry, academia or government institution.
- Preferably a good understanding of agribusiness and sustainability.
- Experience of working with food and/or feed chain stakeholders is desired.
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English. Any second European language would be a plus.
What we offer
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
- A position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Diverse and inclusive environment with an open culture.
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees.
- Learning culture and wide range of training options.
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net