Job title: Regional Global Maintenance Investment Manager (BEL21.002)
Company: Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Job description: The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption. You may find more information in the Additional Information section below.
Our daily work relies on the input of dedicated individuals who engage on many different topics and activities. We seek to employ a diverse range of candidates who bring their own talents and perspectives to the role. We have a strong corporate agenda that ensures we create a positive and inclusive working environment where everyone is valued for their contribution.
The British Embassy, based in Brussels, Belgium, is part of a world-wide network of 230 Diplomatic Posts, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. We are looking for a Regional Global Maintenance Investment Manager.
The job holder is responsible for overseeing the reporting of Global Maintenance Projects in two regions: Africa, Asia Pacific and South Asia Directorates; ensuring such projects are delivered within agreed budget allocations and timescales. The funding includes any type of building works at residential and non-residential properties ranging between £3,000 and £250,000, specifically where Posts fall outside of Interserve or ISS contract coverage. The main area of focus is Health and Safety related maintenance works, to help drive the Compliance scores up across the network. Key activities of the global maintenance team of 3 people, plus a Line Manager, include annual planning and stewardship of the maintenance programme and are responsible for reflecting the approved works on the Forward Maintenance Register (FMR) on Pyramid.
Take full ownership of the Global Maintenance Programme in the relevant regions ensuring Estate Operations engagement through project package design phase to procurement stage and beyond. Ensure continuous performance improvement is achieved in the regional work streams run with FCDO Services. Building effective and constant communications with Stakeholders at all level throughout the organization by acting as a key interface between FCDO Services and the Office including Posts, Finance Business Partners (including FAU – Fixed Asset Unit), Procurement Hubs, Internal Audit, Estates Department and the Portfolio Management Office.
Prepare monthly financial updates, forecasts and dashboards to senior management. Undertake reporting and administrative tasks related to projects on Prism. Identification and management of financial risks associated with the delivery of projects. Understand commercial and financial terms, concepts, policies and processes to ensure FCDO guidelines and National Audit Office requirements are being followed across the Network.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Update and maintain project trackers; ensuring information is accurate and up to date for the referred regions. Highlight key risks and issues. Decision making on prioritisation of working requirements (bids) identified by technical officers raised at post in line with the Department Business Plan. Management of budget uplifts/reduction for approved maintenance projects up to the delegated authority level, recycling funding elsewhere in the Network when appropriate. Regular review to the Forward Maintenance Register to ensure it reflects approved funding and correct budget type. Track opportunities and reactive requirements for possible funding across the Regions throughout the year to mitigate risks.
- Enforce budgetary control over maintenance budget. Run and analyse financial reports. Prepare monthly financial reports by Directorate reconciled with PRISM. Undertake regularly PRISM housekeeping activities. Review, Approve and Receipt Service Delivery Notes as part of the monthly Application for Payment Validation Process. Dealing with disputes arising from this process to ensure the FCDO is paying for the services/works received. Raise Purchase Orders for the various SLAs and Programmes progressing under the Global Maintenance budget;
- Preparation of MTFP proposal at regional level for management acceptance and validation.
- Monitor the delivery of the FCDOS led GMP (Global Maintenance Programme) at regional level. Chairing meetings with FCDOS Project Managers, Estates Department and representatives from Post to enhance successful project delivery and to foster smooth communication throughout the lifecycle of the maintenance investment programme;
- Organise regional working streams and provide minutes, follow up action points. Analyse information to identify improvement opportunities and to address performance issues. Approval of Procurement Reports.
- Develop and maintain productive with FCDO colleagues at Posts and relevant Directorates & Departments, and representatives of FCDO Services;
- Instigate and promote good FM practices and policy in consultation with all stakeholders by providing input into the development of policy and standards and new systems;
- Actively participate and present at the CSM trainings and conferences. Support the activities of the PMO (Portfolio Management Office);
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (up to £8m)
- Drive best quality/value/VFM within available funds;
- Ensure actual spend matches projected spend, analyse variations. Provide monthly budget forecasts. Advise and take action on any necessary remedial measures;
- Analysis of Procurement Reports to ensure value for money.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Full professional proficiency in English, including excellent writing skills (written and spoken, minimum of C1 level for CEFR framework*);
- Relevant working experience in budget management role;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Business/Finance/Accounting degree;
- Contract management accreditation or Prince 2 Foundation certificate.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Able to demonstrate a career showing continuous performance improvement with previous experience of managing large database in a multi-national environment.
Seeing the Big Picture, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline Application deadline – day Application deadline – month Application deadline – year
14 February 2021
Type of Position
Working hours per week
Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Type of Post
Number of vacancies
Starting monthly salary (EUR)
Start Date Start Date – day Start Date – month Start Date – year
1 March 2021
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a permanent full-time contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week. The monthly gross salary for this position is € 5,471.76, C4 level. In addition, we offer an extensive salary package, which includes a 13 month, luncheon vouchers, pension scheme, optional hospitalisation insurance (subject to monthly employee contribution), reimbursement of public transport and a lot more. We offer more days of annual leave than the Belgian requirements.
Please note that Belgian nationals will be paid their salary gross and are expected to comply with their tax obligations through completion of a tax return to the Belgian authorities. Non-Belgian nationals will receive their salary net, minus the deduction of an equivalent level of Belgian tax retained at source. Further information on this will be given to candidates during the recruitment process.
Staff recruited locally by the British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Belgian employment law.
The successful candidates will be subject to professional background checks and security clearance.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Belgium and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Please note, Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Please be advised that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Information due to COVID-19:
- You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
- Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
- Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
Expected salary: €5471.76 per month
Job date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 23:15:28 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net