Job title: Purchasing Manager (m/f/d)
Company: Renaissance Hotels
Job description: Posting Date Aug 16, 2021
Job Number 21091157
Job Category Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Location Imperial Riding School Renaissance Vienna Hotel, Ungargasse 60, Vienna, Austria, Austria
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask „why“ when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it’s a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
***GERMAN LANGUAGE SKILLS ARE MANDATORY FOR THIS POSITION***
*** WORK PERMIT FOR EUROPEAN UNION IS MANDATORY FOR THIS POSITION***
Negotiates with suppliers and verifies and authorizes purchase requisitions and purchase orders. Advises other departments on purchasing procedures and maintains full and up-to-date information regarding store inventory.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in procurement, purchasing, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in procurement, purchasing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Supplier and Vendor Relations
- Negotiates with selected suppliers and obtains quotations.
- Coordinates and arranges site visits with contractors and end-users for obtaining necessary quotations.
- Keeps close and frequent contact with suppliers to maintain up-to-date market and product information
- Identifies and selects reliable and regular suppliers for daily food and beverage purchasing based on regular quotations.
- Attends and participates in food tasting panel for food and beverage evaluation and vendor selection.
- Prepares and negotiates contracts with selected suppliers
- Attends exhibitions/seminars for sourcing new suppliers and products with better price-performance.
- Persuades suppliers to offer or extend rebate program.
Managing Procurement Activities
- Verifies and authorizes procurement orders
- Places orders and expedites deliveries
- Prepares tender invitations and executes tender openings for selected items and compares tenders for procurement decisions
- Sources alternative products with competitive prices, while striving to maintain better or comparable quality, standards and services.
- Prepares and submits monthly cost saving report to Director of Finance
- Explores opportunities for green procurement and actively participates in the recycling program.
- Provides suggestions to other departments to achieve cost savings while still fulfilling their requirements.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Job date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 05:03:21 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net