Job title: Programme Officer Focus Asia and the Caucasus
Company: CARE Osterreich
Job description: CARE Österreich, Verein für Entwicklungszusammenarbeit und humanitäre Hilfe, seeks an experienced
Programme Officer – Focus Asia and the Caucasus
Contract: Full Time – Maternity Replacement (one year limited with the possibility of extension)
Duty Station: Vienna, 15-20% international travel (should the pandemic situation allow)
Starting date: As soon as possible
CARE is one of the world’s leading development and humanitarian aid agencies, fighting poverty and injustice in over 100 countries and helping 70 million people each year to find routes out of poverty, with a specific focus on the empowerment of women and girls. We save lives in disaster and conflicts and stand with women, girls and their communities to achieve lasting change for a better future.
Objective of the position:
In line with CARE’s mission, vision and core values, the Programme Officer develops and oversees CARE Austrias project portfolio in Asia and the Caucasus. Current programmes of CARE Austria in these two regions have a geographic focus on Bangladesh, Nepal, and Georgia. The thematic scope includes economic empowerment programming; food & nutrition security; good governance and stand-alone Gender equality projects.
- Overall coordination of CARE Austria projects and activities in the target regions in collaboration with CARE Country Offices and consortium partners
- Management of donor contracts in collaboration with CARE Austrias project controlling and in accordance with CARE program standards and donor guidelines (mostly European Union and Austrian Development Agency)
- Mentoring and backstopping of country office staff, in particular regarding donor contract compliance
- Technical assistance and/or supervision of technical experts mainly in the areas of economic development, Food & Nutrition Security, Good Governance & Human Rights
- Monitoring and evaluation of projects, including field visits to project areas; potentially a temporary stay in the region of 1-2 months should the pandemic situation allow
- Project acquisition: identification of new funding opportunities, development of new projects, and proposal writing
- Management of donor relations and liaison at country and regional level
- Contributing with best practises from the target regions to knowledge management and learning within CARE Austria
- Support to CARE Austrias and CARE Internationals advocacy, media, and fundraising efforts
- University degree with specialisation in international or economic development, business administration or other disciplines relevant for development cooperation
- Strong skills and proven experience in project management and coordination, project cycle management and ensuring donor contract compliance in a responsible and self-organized manner; experience with EU and ADA contracts, as well as with international consortia projects are a strong asset
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience in the development context
- Technical background in the target regions and in one of the following sectors are an asset: economic development, Food & Nutrition Security, and Good Governance & Human Rights
- Experience with financial project administration is an asset
- Experience in project proposal development; strong facilitation and ideally proposal writing skills
- Ability to work under time pressure, managing competing deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural competence
- Excellent spoken and written English; good German desired
- Work and/or travel experience in a country of the Global South
- Identification with the values, mission, and goals of CARE
- Management of a diverse project portfolio
- Working with a professional and committed team in an international context
- Offices in central Vienna
- Salary starting at EUR 45.000,00 gross annually. Please note: Actual classification will depend on relevant professional experience and will be calculated in accordance with CARE Austria’s salary scheme
- Attractive fringe benefits
Please note: An EU citizenship or established work permit is a necessary requirement for this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We look forward to receiving your application including a CV and cover letter in English, as well as copies of relevant certificates and recommendation letters by 17 November 2021 at email@example.com. Applications will be treated confidentially in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Please indicate in your cover letter how you learned about this position.
To learn more about CARE International and CARE Österreich, go to www.care.at, https://www.care.at/ueber-care/programmatic-approach/ and www.careclimatechange.org.
CARE’s Mission: CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty, and achieve social justice.
Expected salary: €45000 per year
Job date: Thu, 04 Nov 2021 23:12:20 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net