Job title: Product Manager – Search Experience
Job description: Company Description
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travellers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
About the Demand Product Team
The Demand Product team’s mission is to make BlaBlaCar the GoTo app to book a long distance shared ride. We’re building the whole experience for our passengers from the moment they look for a trip to the end of it. We’re looking at topics such as Acquisition, SEO, Search experience or booking. We aim at making all of those the most efficient and simple experiences possible.
About the Search
The Search team is responsible for helping users finding the trip that is best for them. That team is facing today one of the most exciting challenges it has ever seen. With our expansion to new modes of transports, we must completely revamp the way people search for a trip on BlaBlaCar so that it becomes super easy to book a carpool, a bus, or tomorrow a train all in the same app. We’ve done the first steps of that change, but the path is long and full of unknowns.
About the Role
As the Product Manager for Search, you’ll be responsible for building the best-in-industry experience to look for a trip and select it. Embedded in a squad, working with senior engineers, Product Designer and supported by our Product Data team, you’ll have to build the future of our search experience. You will own the full Search XP from the strategy definition to the roadmap and shipping features. Your mission will be to make it a smooth and efficient one.
Examples of challenges:
- How do we enable users to book a return trip mixing carpool and buses?
- Which information should be highlighted within Search to maximize conversion?
- Should we (and how) adapt our UX for the desktop product to boost its performance?
What you will directly contribute to:
- Gather insights about our users and translating them into actionable opportunities that would improve our Search XP
- Define the strategy and associated ambition for our Search
- Build the associate roadmap to deliver it
- Partner with Engineering, Product Data, and Product Design team within a squad to execute the roadmap
- Communicate on the team plan and achievements within BlaBlaCar
What you will need to be successful:
- +4 years of experience in product-driven organizations, delivering highly successful products
- Strong understanding and interest in UX-oriented topics – If you’re a designer willing to become a PM, that job might be for you!
- Ability to play with data and A/B testing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Humility and excellent listening skills
- Fluency in English
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our
Your Future Benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
Interested in joining the ride?
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like.
- a 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 60-min video-call with our
to understand your product background * a fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills and product knowledge
- a 60-min video-call to discuss your exercise further with our Product team. You will meet people from Product Marketing and Product Design
- a 45-min video-call with our
to assess your ability to deal with engineering topics.
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job date: Fri, 07 May 2021 22:12:02 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net