Job title: Product Manager – New Modality/ Train
Job description: Company Description
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travellers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
About the Demand Product Team
The Demand Product team’s mission is to make BlaBlaCar the GoTo app to book a long-distance shared ride. We’re building the whole experience for our passengers from the moment they look for a trip to the end of it. We’re looking at topics such as Acquisition, SEO, Search experience, or booking. We aim at making all of those the most efficient and simple experiences possible.
About New Modality
On BlaBlaCar today carpooling and buses are sold as different modes of transport. That’s what we call Multimodality. But that concept can only be true if we make sure that we integrate all the available long-distance shared modes of transport in all the markets we’re in! Once done we’ll also have to go beyond Multimodality with Intermodality: how do we connect all those modes together so that one day in one booking a passenger could be traveling by carpool and bus or train!
About the role
As the Product Manager for New Modality, you’ll be responsible for building and implementing the strategy that will enable BlaBlaCar to sell more modes of transport in all our regions. Working closing with a Product Designer, supported by our Product Data team, and connected with various engineering teams you’ll have to define our path to make any long-distance shared mode of transport available on BlaBlaCar. This path will include interaction with other companies that could support our ambition.
Examples of challenges:
- What are the options to gather more bus inventory in new regions?
- What are the required product & engineering bricks and the most suitable order to sell our first train ticket?
- What does Intermodality mean and how could we do it?
What you will directly contribute to
- Define a long term strategy and associated roadmap and steps to reach our ambition
- Communicate and align Product & Engineering leadership on it
- Build and maintain product & engineering partnerships with our bus & train supply partners
- Partner with Engineering, Product Data & Design people across all the Product & Engineering teams but also our Business Development teams
- Communicate on the plan and achievements within BlaBlaCar
What you will need to be successful:
- +7 years of experience in product-driven organizations, delivering highly successful products
- Strong understanding and interest in UX and engineering-oriented topics. Breaking a product to add a new mode or deep-diving into a partner’s API documentation doesn’t scare you!
- Ability to play with data
- Lead high complexity projects including various internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Humility and excellent listening skills
- Fluency in English
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our
Your Future Benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
Interested in joining the ride?
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like.
- a 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 60-min video-call with our
to understand your product background * a fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills and product knowledge
- a 60-min video-call to discuss your exercise further with our Product team. You will meet people from Product Marketing and Product Design
- a 45-min video-call with our
to assess your ability to deal with engineering topics.
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 22:38:03 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net