Job title: Process / Automation operator – Upstream
Job description: Time has come to ramp up the recruitment of Process Operators with experience from Chemical Process Industry for Northvolt Ett, our Giga-factory in Skellefteå where we will produce our battery cells in large scale.
As an Upstream Process Operator you have a good chemical understanding, as well as experience from working in a production setting with ongoing process. We believe you have experience in reading process and electrical drawings as well as a good understanding of equipment as pipes, pumps and valves. You might have a relevant background from production in steelworks, cement, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, active materials or oil & gas.
You will work according to Northvolt values, routines, budget, management system and plan. A safe operation production line is our highest priority and will therefore be a crucial part of any task in your job. As an Operator you will work closely with other Shift Managers, Production Manager, Safety, Quality, Environment, Maintenance and Process teams.
Exciting times lies ahead for the company and you will get a unique opportunity to enable the future of energy through being a part of and building the first shift team at Northvolt.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Report failures and deviations on equipment as well as conducting root cause analysis on various issues.
– Assure safe operations. Daily safety improvement work to reach world class in safety.
– Monitor process from control room – regulate pressure, temperature, chemicals etc.
– Conduct sampling to ensure material is not contaminated
– Perform visual inspections and equipment maintenance (pipes, pumps and valves)
– Take proper actions when facing failures and deviations affecting the production.
– Perform risk analysis and issue permits according to routines.
– Actively partake in Safety, Quality, Environment and Improvement work according to Northvolt routines and legislation
– Support managers and colleagues in creating a good working environment through inclusion, motivation, engagement, creativity, good communication and high ambitions.
– Participate in rotation of work duties.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
– +3 years of experience from relevant process industry (production in steelworks, cement, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, active materials or oil & gas).
– Experience from reading process, electrical drawings and control room
– Good understanding of equipment as pipes, pumps and valves
– Experience from working with some of the following; permit procedures, Lock Out Tag Out, near miss reporting, safety audits, maintenance audits, process control systems, and daily following up on safety actions.
– Understanding of how to utilize the equipment to run efficient manufacturing with optimization of energy and costings.
– Administrative competence, ERP, work orders, mail, incident reporting.
– Good communication skills as you will work in close collaboration with many different teams.
– Good English both written and oral skills. Basic Swedish and other languages skills is a plus.
– High work ethic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Qualities that we cherish in all Northvolt employees are flexibility, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges and grit. In the team you will find passionate and purpose driven colleagues who all work for a more sustainable future.
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We’re also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.
Location: Skellefteå, Västerbotten
Job date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 06:43:35 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net