Job title: Principal Data Platform Architect, Field CTO Office
Job description: There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Our Sales Engineering organization is seeking a Principal Data Platform Architect to join our Field CTO Office who can provide leadership in working with both technical and business executives in the design and architecture of the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform as a critical component of their enterprise data architecture and overall ecosystem.
In this role you will work with sales teams, product management, and technology partners to leverage best practices and reference architectures highlighting Snowflake’s Cloud Data Platform as a core technology enabling platform (Data Engineering), foundational (Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Advanced Analytics), and emerging (Data Science, Data Applications, Data Exchange) workloads throughout an organization.
As a Principal Data Platform Architect, you must share our passion and vision in helping our customers and partners drive faster time to insight through Snowflake’s Cloud Data Platform, thrive in a dynamic environment, and have the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get things done. You are equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with executives and talking shop with technical audiences.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
- Apply your multi-cloud data architecture expertise while presenting Snowflake technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at strategic prospects, customers, and partners
- Work with our product management, partners, and sales teams in order to drive innovation in our Cloud Data Platform
- Partner with sales team and channel partners to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate and accelerate winning sales cycles, provide compelling value-based enterprise architecture deliverables and working sessions to ensure customers are set up for success operationally, and support strategic enterprise pilots / proof-of-concepts
- Collaborate closely with our Product team to effectively influence the Cloud Data Platform product roadmaps based on field team and customer feedback
- Partner with Product Marketing teams to spread awareness and support pipeline building via customer roundtables, conferences, events, blogs, webinars, and whitepapers
- Contribute to the creation of reference architectures, blueprints, best practices, etc. based on field experience to continue to up-level and enable our internal stakeholders
ON DAY ONE, WE WILL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- 15+ years of architecture experience within the Enterprise Data space
- Deep Technical Hands on Expertise within one or more of the following (preferably with several): Data Warehouse Modernization / Migrations, Data Science, Data Lakes, Data Engineering, Data Applications
- 5+ years of Cloud Provider experience including certifications in AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Broad range of experience with on-prem or cloud Data Warehouse technology, ETL pipelines and analytics
- Industry Focus a plus (Education, Federal, Financial Services, Healthcare & Lifesciences, Insurance, Adv. Media, Retail CPG, Technology and Telecom)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Apply for this Job
First Name *
Last Name *
Location (City) *
Drop files here
Drop files here
LinkedIn Profile *
How would you describe your SQL expertise [BASIC, INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED]? List out 5 of your most used SQL commands and describe one of the most advanced constructs that you have used in SQL, and why you consider it to be advanced. *
What ETL tools have you used? Explain the difference between ETL and ELT, and when would you use one over the other. *
What tools have you used to visualize or analyze patterns in data? And what are some tradeoffs between direct query and extract approaches to accessing data? *
How many years of hands-on practitioner experience do you have in AWS/Azure/GCP? Explain the differences around infrastructure vs. platform vs. software as a service. Elaborate on the benefits or challenges of each. *
What technically/architecturally makes Snowflake unique? Where would you say your strength/area of focus is (Data Lake, Data Engineering, Data Applications, Data Science, Migration/Optimization)? *
Have you worked at Snowflake in the past in a Full-time, Part-time, contractor or Intern capacity? *
Are you legally authorized to work in the country to which you are applying? *
Will you require sponsorship to continue or extend your current work authorization status, either now or in the future (Example – including but not limited to: H1B, H1B Cap, F1 STEM/OPT, local permit, etc.)? *
Where have you most recently worked? *
Due to SEC auditor independence requirements, please let us know whether you have previously worked at, or if currently working at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), who is our independent auditor. *
Point of Data Transfer *
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Snowflake. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Snowflake’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Snowflake, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Snowflake will share your personal data with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Snowflake to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Snowflake’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site and such transfer will be subject to appropriate safeguards under standard contractual clauses as approved by the European Union Commission and/or the Privacy Shield framework. Further information about how Snowflake processes your personal data can be found in our Privacy Notice (the term “privacy notice” to be a link to our privacy notice located at ). Your personal data will be retained by Snowflake as long as we determine it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. You have the right to data portability, to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. Such requests can be made by contacting us at
Job date: Sun, 07 Feb 2021 01:34:10 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net