Job title: Polymer Process Engineer
Company: Eden Microfluidics
Job description: THE OPPORTUNITY
Eden Microfluidics is looking for an engineer specialized in material science and polymer industrial process, to lead the industrialization of our solutions, enhance production and transformation of our polymers applied to microfluidic field (for bio-medical and environmental markets).
This position is responsible for managing all supply chain operations, identification of process improvements and material developments required to bring and spread our innovative technology to target markets. Missions will aim also to support investigations and supplies polymer process machinery in anticipation of the extension of our production facilities.
This position will work in a cross-functional environment and must be able to convey technical information to personnel from Marketing, Sales and R&D teams.
KEY TASKS FOR POSITION HOLDER:
Main missions can be categorized in two fields: polymer engineering (40% of the time) and product industrialization (60% of the time).
· Analyze needs to define new customer expectations
· Identify new innovative materials/components and associated processes for their implementation
· Performs technical feasibility – performance prediction, risk analysis, industrial feasibility
· Manage prototype/samples production
· Characterize materials to establish their specific properties (mechanical, chemical, physical, rheology) and qualify them by tests on samples
· Define product specifications and collaborate with the marketing team for the commercial diffusion
· Provide polymer process/transformation support to the mechanical design team for improving reliability of injection molds
Product industrialization and quality support:
· Upscaling of new products into regular production
· Search for external technical/production partnerships (local and abroad)
· Contributing to production management items like standardized processes and control of raw material complexity
· Manage inventory, logistic and storage of our products
· Provide a material quality support to the Sales team
· Assist in the investigation, the organization, and the set-up of local plastic process production lines
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCY:
· Ph.D. in materials science, polymer process, mechanical engineering or equivalent field.
· Experience and knowledge in thermal processing of polymer including extrusion and compounding.
· Experience and expertise with polymer analytical methods, e.g. mechanical testing, melt flow index, GPC, DSC, DMA, FTIR…
· Understanding of the effective application of tolerances and a working knowledge of manufacturing processes such as: extrusion, injection molding, casting and additive manufacturing.
· Ability to work in a cross functional environment with ability to adapt, prioritize and self-manage.
· The motivation and organization required to deliver on a diverse set of tasks over short periods of time.
· Deep interest in clean- and bio-technologies.
· Fluency in English, verbally and in written form.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCY:
· Ability in toolmaking for plastic injection mold tool would be beneficial but not essential, ideally with CAD (Solidworks, Creo, Catia…) and simulation (MoldFlow) experiences.
· Knowledge about ISO (9001 and 13485) and ASTM standards for medical device testing and development would be advantageous.
· An industrial experience with a ‘hands on’ background working in a plastic manufacturing-based environment is recommended.
· Knowledge in chemical polymer treatment would be a plus.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
· Stock option incentive plan possibility.
· Commuter and expense reimbursement.
· Central location in Paris (11e).
· Able to travel domestically and internationally as and when required.
· Position suitable with the “Passeport Talent” which accelerate work permit access for foreign worker.
· Needs to be flexible regarding all aspects of your job role and give your full support to all new systems / ideas that are implemented within the company.
· To undertake any other duties which may be required, and which are consummate with the posts position within the company
At Eden we want to continue to build a team of the very best people – If you’re looking for your next challenge, have entrepreneurial flair and experience of working in a highly regulated environment and want to be part of our exciting journey – we’d love to hear from you!
ABOUT EDEN MICROFLUIDICS
Eden Microfluidics is a microfluidics device company leading the emerging field of material for microfluidic, industrial microfluidic treatment for biomedical applications and most recently applied to environmental technologies.
At Eden, we design, simulate, manufacture, industrialize microfluidic devices and provide advanced material solutions and processes for this sector. Eden is deeply engaged to push microfluidics industrialization towards the front of the stage by developing solutions suitable for both prototyping and large-scale production.
Recently Eden Microfluidics was rewarded as “top 10 most innovative startup” at the iLAB event in Paris, a benchmark in the world of innovation and growth growth accelerator for technology-intensive start-ups. The award comes as a seal of excellence for Eden’s project and significant financial support from the French government.
Interested in developing the next generation of polymer for microfluidic? Eden Microfluidics is looking for a polymer process Engineer to develop and industrialize our thermoplastic products.
Location: 11e Arrondissement, Paris
Job date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 06:00:01 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net