Job title: Political Section Support Officer (SWE21.016)
Company: Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Job description: The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption. You may find more information in the Additional Information section below.
The British Embassy in Sweden is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Political Section Support Officer to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the embassy’s political section, providing practical support to colleagues working in the team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support colleagues hosting visits and running events, managing transport, accommodation, venues, catering etc. Manage and update Embassy contact lists. Collate and submit standard reports to London, under the guidance of team leaders;
- Manage the Political Section budget, monitoring spending, maintaining records and liaising with the Embassy Accounts Manager. Manage relationships with suppliers and take responsibility for procurement of office supplies, media and other items;
- Respond to standard requests from correspondents with the Embassy including through the Embassy’s email account. Lead on collation of information for Freedom of Information requests;
- General administration and support to Political Section colleagues. Work with the Corporate Services team to manage maintenance, cleaning and IT support;
- Provide holiday and sickness absence cover for the Ambassador’s PA and assist the Deputy Head of Mission with diary management;
- Under the guidance of relevant team leaders deliver social media activity, and policy reporting.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Evidence of strong organisational skills (i.e. 2 years‘ experience as office manager, visits management, corporate PA, etc.);
- Good MS Office and IT skills (Windows 10, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Proven ability to prioritise, handle multiple tasks and respond quickly to changing circumstances;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Confidence to engage at all levels of the organization;
- Full professional proficiency in English and Swedish (minimum of C1 level for CEFR framework*).
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Professional experience managing budgets is very desirable;
- Experience with social media platforms;
- Experience working for government, embassy, NGO or international organisation.
Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline Application deadline – day Application deadline – month Application deadline – year
25 February 2021
Type of Position
Working hours per week
Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Type of Post
Number of vacancies
Start Date Start Date – day Start Date – month Start Date – year
1 March 2021
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a full-time permanent position.
The British Embassy doesn´t sponsor work permits applications.
According to the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, locally employed staff should either be Swedish citizens, EU citizens or permanent residents of any nationality registered in the population register when beginning their employment. Registration in the population register is not possible once employment has begun. For more information, please consult:
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Sweden and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Please note, Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link . Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Please be advised that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Information due to COVID-19:
- You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
- Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
- Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
Job date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 02:56:19 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net