Job title: Photonic Systems Engineer
Company: HE Space Operations BV
Job description: HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Photonic Systems Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
– Technical requirements collection and definition;
– Technical solution review, analysis, assessment and validation during their development lifecycle;
– Technical supervision of development activities;
– Elaboration, proposition and presentation of new technical concepts to close technology gaps;
– Monitoring of applicable scientific and technological trends and maintaining state-of-the-art expertise;
– Performing technical calculations: e.g. free space optical communication link budgets, end-to-end and optical system performance, light detection with CCD, CMOS systems, optical communication receivers, timing jitter, phase and amplitude noise analysis and clock stability / Allan deviation;
– Reporting on allocated activities in writing and during regular meetings;
– Fostering new application areas for multidisciplinary activities, with the emphasis on innovative concepts, cutting-edge technologies and system architectures.
Skills & Experience
The key person shall have proven knowledge and hands-on experience in several of the following mandatory skills areas:
– Engineering Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent);
– Experience in ground station equipment handling;
– Experience in calibration procedures and organisation with external suppliers;
– Use of ESTRACK Configuration DataBase (ECDB);
– Knowledge of hardware and software for TT&C applications and their interfaces, including monitor and control;
– Knowledge of Telemetry and Telecommand, Networking;
– Experience in optical and photonic systems;
– Experience in Frequency and Timing systems;
– Knowledge and experience in data communication systems involving e.g. modulation, demodulation, PCM telemetry and telecommand, communication protocols (TCP/IP, SLE), coding techniques, data processing;
– Knowledge of ECSS and CCSDS standards;
– Participation in Ground Station systems and subsystems related meetings to share information with other stakeholders;
– Preparation and presentation of the output of the services (analysis, finding, etc.);
– Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Leandros Foteinias, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-SC-4649 before 22-Nov-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.
Location: Darmstadt, Hessen
Job date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 23:28:37 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net