Job title: People Operations Specialist
Job description: Who We Are
is a fast-growing and globally distributed remote-first cybersecurity start-up with employees in the US and Germany. We connect global security talent with businesses by providing Pentesting as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We are looking for a driven People Operations Specialist in Berlin who can help support our rapidly expanding organization with operational tasks related to our people. This role will work closely with our People team, Finance team, and entire organization and report to the Manager of People Operations in Berlin.
You are highly organized, results-oriented, and comfortable spanning many types of operational tasks. Making a difference to the people around you is what gets you out of bed in the morning and you are not afraid to get out of your comfort zone to do so.
What You Would Do
- Onboarding: Lead the handoff between Recruiting and People, including work permit and document processing. Help host our monthly onboarding classes. Set up new hires for success in lightning speed.
- Administration: Own People administration and improvement for our EMEA team, including benefits, insurance, and payroll. Align with our US team and be the first line of support for People related inquiries for our EMEA teams. Collaborate with local management and Finance to drive improvements and increase transparency.
- Event management: Organize and conduct company kickoffs, workshops, and team-building events. Use People data to drive event success and improve internal communications.
- Office management: Maintain communications with co-working spaces and vendors. Ensure employees are set up for success with their home offices and are aware of local regulations and support. Collaborate with managers and the People team to help appreciate and reward our teams.
You Must Have
- 2-4 years of experience in People, Human Resources, Recruiting, Office Management, or similar
- Fluency in English and German
- Knowledge of local employment laws or healthy desire to learn
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence from people you interact with
- Experience planning and managing processes and small projects
- Flexibility in dealing with shifting priorities
- Hunger to grow and learn
Nice to Have
- Experience with a global organization
- Experience working at software companies and supporting software employees
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of Pentesting!
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Competitive compensation and attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time off, remote working from anywhere in Germany and travel policies
- Paid remote lunches
- Stipends for wellness, work-from-home and learning & development
Apply for this Job
First Name *
Last Name *
Location (City) *
Drop files here
Drop files here
LinkedIn Profile *
How did you hear about this job? *
Are you legally authorized to work in Germany? *
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Cobalt.io are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Are you Hispanic/Latino?
Please identify your race
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A „disabled veteran“ is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A „recently separated veteran“ means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran’s discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An „active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran“ means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An „Armed forces service medal veteran“ means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Why are you being asked to complete this form?
We are a federal contractor or subcontractor required by law to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified people with disabilities. We are also required to measure our progress toward having at least 7% of our workforce be individuals with disabilities. To do this, we must ask applicants and employees if they have a disability or have ever had a disability. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we ask all of our employees to update their information at least every five years.
Identifying yourself as an individual with a disability is voluntary, and we hope that you will choose to do so. Your answer will be maintained confidentially and not be seen by selecting officials or anyone else involved in making personnel decisions. Completing the form will not negatively impact you in any way, regardless of whether you have self-identified in the past. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of federal contractors under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at . How do you know if you have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Autoimmune disorder, for example, lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, or HIV/AIDS
- Blind or low vision
- Cardiovascular or heart disease
- Celiac disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Depression or anxiety
- Gastrointestinal disorders, for example, Crohn’s Disease, or irritable bowel syndrome
- Intellectual disability
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Nervous system condition for example, migraine headaches, Parkinson’s disease, or Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Psychiatric condition, for example, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, PTSD, or major depression
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at .
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
Job date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 22:29:23 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net