Job title: People Manager- Back End Engineers
Job description: Do you want to lead a team of experienced backend software engineers who build solutions that have a huge strategic value for trivago?
We’re looking for an experienced Tech Lead to drive the Search Engine Marketing Suite (SEMS) and the Hotel Ads Tool (HAT) further. Both solutions guarantee an essential amount of traffic to our price search via search engine marketing and hotel ads on Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
These support our marketers/stakeholders to manage their marketing campaigns on these search engines effectively and efficiently at a scale. Your tasks will range from leading the team through technical and architecture decisions while migrating the old monolithic PHP SEMS to a modern microservices-based architecture, to improving and developing the team members in their roles.
If you want the opportunity to lead and develop a team of 5+ backend software and DevOps engineers while doing some engineering work yourself, we want to hear from you!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Develop a long-term roadmap for your team based on trivago’s overall technology strategy.
- Be responsible for your team’s development and productivity whilst keeping up the team spirit through motivation and guidance.
- Lead the team through technical challenges and architecture decisions.
- Be responsible for the collaboration and alignment with product teams, product owners, and different stakeholders to build and improve trivago’s SEMS and HAT solutions.
- Foster knowledge sharing within the team and within our Marketing Solutions Domain.
- Support the team in troubleshooting and debugging the solutions.
Our Technology Stack:
- Apache Kafka, and/or Apache Hadoop.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Previous experience as an engineering lead.
- Knowledge about designing and building software solutions with proper architectures.
- A pragmatic, value-oriented mind set to drive for results in a fast-paced environment.
- Cognitive and structural thinking, with an ability to zoom-in and out of projects and to challenge solutions on multiple levels.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technical field.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience working with agile product development teams.
- Knowledge about tech stack.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our
in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. * Relocation and integration: Support with
costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes. * Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on
, and . * To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our
, follow on Twitter and sign up to our . * Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our .
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at .
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net