Job title: Packaging Designer Metals – Food Utrecht
Company: Independent Recruiters
Job description: Are you a Packaging Design Engineer, looking to drive consumer-centric packaging innovations that drive circular economy?
Do you want to have the opportunity to influence the future design direction of healthy nutrition? Do you want to emphasize consumer and customer-winning pack designs, creating high quality packaging, in conjunction to functionality, cost optimization & sustainability?
This might be an opportunity for you!
Responsibilities Packaging Designer Metals – Food
As Packaging Designer in the Global Packaging R&I Metal team, you will be working across multiple innovations projects which reflect the packaging strategy within the metal can category for infant formula. In this role, you will act as a project member or project leader within cross functional teams. You will create packaging ideas, bring them to life in inspiring and brand relevant ways, while providing leadership in design thinking approach.
- Lead the creative process to define packaging ideas/concepts that deliver to the brand / R&I ambitions;
- Use design tools (sketching, rendering, CAD etc) to bring ideas to life and enable clear communication + inspiration for the broader team;
- Understand consumer experience of our packaging and identify opportunities to strengthen and change it in line with future consumer expectations;
- Lead development of briefs to ensure clear and inspiring projects;
- Leverage design thinking principles to help quickly identify and validate solutions via rapid prototyping and qualitative testing;
- Deliver functional prototypes in line with agreed brief;
- Ensure new packaging innovations are future proof and aligned to our SN Packaging agenda;
- Work closely with internal and external technical partners to support the landing of new packaging innovations high quality packaging, in conjunction to functionality, cost optimization & sustainability?
Profile Packaging Designer Metals – Food
As Packaging Designer you fit within the following profile:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Industrial Design or Packaging;
- At least 3 years of experience in packaging design and development;
- Work experience in the food or dairy industry;
- Experience leading and delivering projects from brief to concept to prototypes to technical development;
- Well versed in design tools and techniques, including sketching, CAD (e.g. Solidworks) and prototyping;
- Good knowledge of packaging conversion technologies (e.g. injection moulding) and packaging materials;
- Must be used-to be working as part of multi-disciplined teams;
- 100% fluency in English (spoken and written) is a must;
Candidates must be living in The Netherlands and have a valid working permit.
The offer Packaging Designer Metals – Food
Your salary depends on your education and previous work experience but varies between €5000 and €5500 gross monthly. The company is looking to expand the team for future growth and therefore they are offering you a yearly contract with the expectation to extend to a permanent position.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net