Job title: Optical Imaging Processing Engineer
Job description: Solenix is specialized in the provision of high-quality software engineering, technical consulting and operations services in the aerospace domain. This vacancy note concerns an on-site consulting position at ESTEC in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
We are looking for an Optical Imaging Processing Engineer to support our client ESTEC. You will work in a team specializing on encompassing algorithmic definition, development and validation and involving software, hardware and system constraints. These tasks are expected to address processing functions focusing on payload performance (image quality), data compression/reduction and data analysis. Your tasks will be grouped within the following main headings:
♦ Analysis of system-level needs and definition of system and subsystem requirements’ specifications for optical payload processing functions
♦ Definition, design, development, performance evaluation and verification of image processing functions and algorithms via simulation techniques (e.g., Matlab, Python, prototyping SW)
♦ Design, verification and validation of payload image processing chains (in close collaboration with teams responsible for SW and HW implementation)
♦ Support to HW/SW optimization and implementation of payload data processing functions on processors (e.g., uC/uP, DSP, GPU, AI accelerators) and FPGA based platforms
♦ Specific engineering support in the above domains to mainstream ESA space projects, mainly for (but not restricted to) the development and testing phases
Required Skills and Experience
♦ Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
♦ Extensive knowledge in:
- image processing, compression and computer vision techniques
- optical imaging payloads, signal/image quality and on-board payload data processing functions
- simulation of image processing functions (Matlab, Python, ENVI/IDL, C, etc)
- design, training and validation of machine learning techniques (not limited to deep learning) for tasks such as prediction, classification, semantic segmentation, object detection, etc.
♦ Familiarity with:
- computational imaging techniques (image stabilization, super-resolution, active optics, etc)
- payload data processing on-board systems architectures
- processing devices and on-board electronics design related to data acquisition and processing functions.
- procurement of demonstrator units, sub-system integration and testing
♦ Ability to work in an autonomous manner, in particular when providing support to projects with high time allocations and this in coordination with the line manager
Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Application Deadline: 30 June 2021
Start of Work: 01 August 2021
Before applying to this position, please read the page on the Solenix website under Career.
Applicants must be EU citizens or have a valid work and residence permit in The Netherlands. Security, identity and reference checks on the candidates are part of the recruitment process.
Job date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 22:53:35 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net