Job title: Open Application – Maintenance
Job description: Job Description
Northvolt is establishing it’s first mass-production facility in Skellefteå and in joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories, and aid Northvolt and our customers in the transformation to a carbon free society. When old technology is phased out and overtaken by electrification in the coming years, batteries are going to become the differentiating factor.
Time has come to ramp up the recruitment of Maintenance personnel for Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå and we are looking for Maintenance Engineers, Maintenance Technicians & Mechanics, Controls & Instrumentation Technicians, Supervisors, among others. Exciting times lie ahead and in joining us you get the opportunity to create the future of energy.
You will be a part of establishing maintenance routines and learn from equipment suppliers as well as the commissioning teams in order to become an expert within the factory. Your role will include the execution of preventative maintenance in collaboration with operators as well as being reactive to perform corrective maintenance when needed.
These roles are for you who always loved taking things apart, who isn’t afraid to work with your hands and to problem solve, always working towards the root cause and solving the problem.
Experience and/or interest of mechanical systems, electrical systems, automation or instrumentation is a merit.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assure Safe conditions with Lock Out Tag Out Try Out according routines when having repairs or inspections of equipment.
- Perform risk analysis and issue permits according to Northvolt routines.
- Take proper and fast action when having failures and deviations affecting the production.
- Work proactively with the operators to enable continuous operator maintenance.
- Execution of preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Follow maintenance plans
- Ensuring and leading the work with Safety, Quality, Environment and Improvement work according to Northvolt routines and legislation together with your shift team.
- Creating a good working environment with inclusion, motivation, engagement, creativity, good communication and high ambitions.
- Establishing a good culture where all of us work together to provide the best solutions to employees, customers, suppliers, owners and thereby the best to Northvolt.
- Always strive to improve with focus on safety, quality, environment and production efficiency mainly towards but not limited to operator control central.
- Continuous Improvement (CI) for shift team.
- Giving positive and constructive corrective feedback to your own team members and other shift teams, in order to make room for improvements and development.
- Enabling rotation of work duties, in order to develop the competence within the shift team.
The first people to join our Maintenance team are curious, eager to learn and real problem solvers. We are looking for team members that are strongly goal oriented, as well as good communicators. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
Work with great people
„We move at a fast pace and decisions are made in a deliberate, thoughtful, and bold manner.“
R&D Electrode Manager
„At Northvolt there is no right or wrong. Everyone brings something to the table.“
Director Raw Materials
„It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of starting up a new industry segment.“
„I love being a part of such a bold effort to tackle the energy problem.“
Skills & Requirements
- +3 years of Safety experience from process industry working with permit procedures, Lock Out Tag Out, near miss reporting, safety audits, maintenance audits and daily following up on Safety actions.
- +3 years of experience from Process Industry (battery/pulp and paper/food/chemicals/microelectronics/oil & gas/pharmaceutical processing or similar)
- Technical associate degree
- Good English both written and oral skills.
- Basic Swedish and other languages skills is seen as a plus.
- Deep understanding and experience of equipment, piping, pumps, valves, control tools, chemicals, electronics.
- Experience of general maintenance of machinery and equipment
- Certifications and experience within clean/dry-room, hot works, radiation/laser safety, chemical safety or forklift is a merit.
- High work ethic, multi-tasker, strong analytical ability and attention to details, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, accuracy, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges and grit.
- Passionate and purpose driven, we work together for a more sustainable future.
Great Place to Work
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
About the company
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We’re also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.
Location: Skellefteå, Västerbotten
Job date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 23:24:19 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net