Job title: Mobile Software Engineer (React Native) for Gender Equality App
Company: Equalista GmbH
Job description: Equalista is on a mission to build the first gender equality learning app to discover why inequality exists, what it looks like, how to talk about it, for testing your own biases, and train to take action in real life. Because equality doesn’t just happen by magic.
The Equalista MVP is in the app stores and we are recruiting now for all tech positions that are required to build an app. So if you want to know more, just reach out!
Equalista is a bootstrapping start-up with a no investor strategy because we don’t believe in the capitalist venture capital system.
We truly believe that the time is right to really push equality forward. We have the idea and we have the drive – but we need now our own tech team to continue the development. This job is for you if you a) like the thrill of being part of a start-up and know start-up reality and want to be part of building a company and a product with a purpose from the start, b) are fresh out of school but have high ambitions and want to bring your enthusiasm to a project where you are responsible from the start c) are a senior, crave a challenge and want to work for a purpose.
We want to hire the right attitude. Experience is great, but passion, commitment, ambition, and humility are mandatory! 🙂
We are looking for people that are interested in flexible salary/payment options such as revenue or profit-sharing.
We don’t know exactly what you will be doing as we are no experts (that is you!), but we imagine:
- dreaming up new features with us and build them
- develop the software architecture
- Build and iterate our iOS and Android App based on React Native written in Typescript using a RESTful CMS AP
- Diagnose and fix bugs and maintain the code
- Good English skills as we are an international team
- experience in or willing to learn React Native, Redux and Restful API
- be passionate about the journey and experiment with us until we get it right
It would be cool if you are…
- experienced with native iOS and Android to be able to dive into native code
- interested in learning apps
- independent and comfortable driving your own agenda
- good at project management, taming dragons, and want to slay patriarchy
- creative, enthusiastic, and full of great ideas
- interested in equality and anti-discrimination
- sometimes silly and don’t shy away from quirky
- not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- a team player that wants to not only be part of, but also build the Equalista company with us
- a fast learner who is not afraid of new things and does them anyway
- interested in learning about ego-work and nonviolent communication
We are slowly starting to look into hiring our own tech team, please reach out if you are interested in joining us (from CTO to engineer, we need it all) and we can start the conversation!
The work can be done mainly remotely, but it must be possible to meet in Berlin sometimes. For financial and ecological reasons, flying to Berlin once a week/or month is not a viable option for us.
Please note: Unfortunately, we cannot help with a working permit right now.
Please let us know in a cover letter why you are interested in joining Equalista, we can’t see that from your CV! 🙂
Job date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 22:08:15 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net