Job title: Manufacturing Representative / Improvement Manager
Company: Dow Chemical
Job description: An outstanding opportunity has become available for a technical, mining professional to join our talented team at the Mining, Storage and Pipelines department at the Ohrensen, Germany site as Improvement Engineer / Manufacturing Representative (m/f/d).
Reporting to the Production Leader and aligned with the goals of the division, this role is responsible for the development and implementation of operational improvements and drilling/pipeline projects.
- Identify improvement opportunities, develop, prioritize and execute improvement projects
- Supports other work processes (plant operations, plant reliability, maintenance, etc.) in technical and technological areas
- Achieve cost effective operations in accordance with annual operating plans and budgets
- Performs the duties of a ‚Manufacturing Representative‘ in accordance with Dow’s Global Project Methodology (GPM) for cavern, drilling and pipeline projects.
- Leads cavern overhauls (e.g., workovers, sonar measurements, P&A projects)
- Manages permit processes in accordance to German Mining Law (Betriebsplanverfahren)
- Develops process simulation on projects and develops process equipment design
Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in an engineering discipline, mechanical, chemical, or mining engineering preferred
- Knowledge of safety, environmental and mining regulations and laws (e.g. UVV, UVP, Betriebsplanverfahren, BVOT, environmental regulations, ABBergV, BBergG)
- Knowledge of the design of process and mining equipment (e.g. pipeline, cavern, drilling equipment)
- Very good communication skills in both German and English language
- 8 + year’s as a process engineer in industrial chemical plants or mining engineering
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent teamwork skills and ability to lead teams and task forces are essential.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit or follow on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow’s equal opportunities is available on .
Job date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 05:51:40 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net