Job title: Loop VP of insights and analytics
Job description: Job Title: Loop VP of Insights & Analytics
Job Location: Budapest
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 21 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally and has been highlighted in some of the worlds most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com New York Times, Forbes and thousands of others.
In May 2019, TerraCycle launched its newest initiative, Loop, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging, washed by Loop and refilled by the brands. Loop has engaged many of the world’s largest consumer product companies (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, and Mondelez) and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop is currently available in the mid-Atlantic and Northeastern U.S, and the greater Paris region in France, with plans to expand into several new markets including Canada, Japan, the UK and Germany in 2020.
TerraCycle offers a range of national, easy-to-use recycling platforms allowing everyone to #RecycleEverything. We are looking for a Product Owner who will interact with a diverse group of business leads inclusive of e-commerce, marketing, operations, finance, and other groups. He/She will be responsible for prioritizing a complex set of business needs to achieve the best result. We are looking for someone who can facilitate seamless communication between the development team and those working in other departments.
Loop is seeking a VP, Loop Insights & Analytics, who can combine analytical skills and soft skills to convey research and data findings to drive actions with business partners across levels and functions, inside and outside of Loop.
The successful candidate will integrate insights primarily from sales data, but also consumer survey and interview data to help solve tough business problems, set direction and drive growth for Loop and our brand and retailer partners. An ideal candidate for us will be strong at discovering the aha among a lot of noise and converting that into compelling action steps and recommendations.
Loop is a ground-breaking circular shopping platform that enables consumers to transition from single use disposable materials to reusable durable packaging, while still using their favourite brands and shopping in their usual retail channels. The data the team works with is also novel, as it comprises of return data (vs only sales data) and the planning of reverse logistics across multiple product categories and multiple retailer channels.
The ideal candidate will have experience in packaged goods or the retail industry to help strategically frame and drive action with C-suite stakeholders at brand and retailer partners, while also being ready to roll up sleeves to create the dashboards and processes to enable the rest of our internal team to self-serve the data to run their respective marketing, finance, operations, etc areas more effectively. We need someone who thrives in a fast-paced and scrappy team environment where everyone pitches in and stretches where needed.
- Lead a 3-person Global Insights & Analytics team, providing subject matter expertise and guidance on analyzing packaged goods data against industry standard KPIs (trial/conversion rate, repeat/loyalty, avg basket size, user penetration, purchase frequency, active/lapsed)
- Package data analyses and consumer learnings into quarterly presentations to keep the broader Loop ecosystem of partners informed of the latest knowledge from lead markets.
- Analyse monthly or quarterly sales and return performance and conduct ad hoc analyses against KPIs to answer business questions at overall platform level & for individual brands, many times culminating in presentation slides or sound bites for stakeholders such as current/future brand and retailer partners, investors and media.
- Partner with other functions such as Operations, Account Management to apply analyses against KPIs to explore or model new sources of growth via business modeling, revenue management, demand and reverse logistics planning.
- Help navigate the development, prioritisation, funding and resourcing of Loop business intelligence dashboards & reports across Analytics, Marketing, Finance & Operations areas, as the overall Loop Commercial Lead on the Business Intelligence Working Team (single point of contact / subject matter expert from each TerraCycle and Loop department) and as the overall Loop Commercial Representative on the Business Intelligence Steering Committee (senior management decision makers)
- Engage directly with 5-person TC/Loop IT Business Intelligence Team on a daily basis to formulate requirements and mockups for the creation of key metrics and reports that support above analyses, trouble shoot calculations, do hands-on user testing and document status of new and maintenance work tickets via the team project management platform, Wrike.
- Continue to suggest improvements, standardisation and automations of processes. Train Loop teammates to improve their ability to self-service basic analytics to improve decision making in their areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, computer science, business or other quantitative field
- 10-20+ yrs of business experience with strong knowledge of business drivers (product, distribution, pricing, promotion) and KPIs (trial, repeat, purchase frequency, avg basket size, etc) in FMCG or Retail for interpretation and driving recommendations
- Demonstrated track record of leveraging data to drive decisions via superb written and verbal presentation skills up to senior levels of management.
- Strong drive for continuous improvement, efficiencies, automation. Experience with software development life cycle a plus – requirements, testing, maintenance.
- Excellent analytic skills, including advanced Excel skills – extract, clean, manipulate, merge, model data, use filters, pivot tables, vlookup, sum/countifs.
- Power BI / Power Query (any BI tool) experience a plus
- Experience with scrappy, hands-on research design and execution of consumer surveys, 1:1 discussions a very strong plus at our scrappy startup. Tools used for quant and qual research include SurveyMonkey, Google Forms, Respondent.io, Zoom, Facebook/WhatsApp.
- Agility to work in fast moving environment, juggling multiple high priority projects at same time
– Competitive salary
– Modern and cozy, eco-conscious office in a central location
– Conference support, In-house training, Training contribution
– Great team spirit & supportive environment
– Beverages, Coffee & Fruit-day
Note: International candidates must hold a valid Hungarian working permit.
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any
time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work
Job date: Fri, 07 May 2021 22:01:44 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net