Job title: logistics coordinator
Job description: PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to find a cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health-promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference in healthcare, grow their careers, and work with some of the brightest in the industry.
Our Global Clinical Labs department is expanding and we are looking for a Logistics Coordinator to join PPD’s team in Zaventem, Belgium. The role will be responsible for logistics coordination of low to moderately complex studies. Main contact person between Project management, vendors and sites. All this from the Supply Chain and logistical point of view. Studies setups, preparing invoices and assisting the local contact person in order to apply for import licenses and Ministry of health approvals. Creating courier assignments and setups and following up with the couriers on inbound and outbound shipments status. Follow up on special setups with premium couriers. Follow up on daily email handling.
Key responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Ensures timely preparation of import permit documents are provided to Sponsor/CRO and/or Importer of Record. Actively solves problems to ensure timely delivery of both inbound and outbound shipments for 80+ studies. Ensures all logistics aspects are considered for Sponsors/CRO and Site Services. Monitors inbound and outbound supply shipments including 3rd party lab shipment tracking.
- Responsible for daily interaction with CRO/IOR in preparing proforma invoices for import permits and approvals to release supply orders as well as maintaining the daily re-supply order Proforma Invoices and 3rd Party Proforma communication to ensure orders and samples are shipped accurately.
- Maintains Manufacture List; courier contact sheets; special account setups and the daily communication with the Associate Site Services Assistant.
- Direct point of contact for the outsource kit vendor in the coordination of inventory materials.
- Package and Ships temperature sensitive supply materials; Inter-Company Transfers; orders and maintains aliquot request.
- Attends study protocol meetings and reports to the team about supply and/or courier set up requirements working closely with Site Services Assistant.
- Direct point of contact for the couriers for shipping, tracking, receiving and reporting concerns related to inbound and outbound supply shipments. Responsible for the tracking and follow-up and QC of all 3PL sample shipments and shipments delivered in error. Responsible for reviewing and reporting of daily supply order delays to the Site Services Assistant and/or Project Management.
- Direct point of contact for the outsource kit vendor in the coordination of processing and shipping supplies to investigator sites while supporting/informing Site Services Assistant and/or Project Management of any issues/concerns
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2+ years)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in logistics is preferred.
- General knowledge of Clinical Trials global logistics processes is a plus.
- Focus on Customer Service aligned with the highest standards of quality & excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving/decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Very strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Strong computer skills: working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, and Microsoft Word is required.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development program, ensuring you reach your potential.
– We have a strong will to win – We earn our customer’s trust – We are game-changers – We do the right thing – We are one PPD –
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
As we are likely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to everyone. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted accordingly.
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.
Location: Zaventem, Vlaams Brabant
Job date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 07:36:49 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net