Job title: Lead Mechanical Engineer Auxiliary Systems
Company: Baker Hughes
Job description: Partner with the best
As a Lead Mechanical Engineer you’ll be responsible for the mechanical detailed design and the requisition activities of all auxiliary systems required for Steam Turbine, Compressors and turbo-expander machine. You’ll assure balance between design flexibility needs and strict product standardization adoption leading supply chain goals accomplishment, cost-out strategies implementation, site installation/service support.
As a Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Leading structural design by hand calculation and Finite Element Analysis, where required
- Collaborate with system engineer to define and procure auxiliary equipment such as oil pumps, electric low voltage motors, filter, valves and to design Lube oil consoles and seal gas systems
- Defining plant layout of Steam Turbine and Electric Motor Compressors driven train auxiliary systems, including 3D modelling.
- Supporting Customers in deep technical review meeting demonstrating expertise and full ownership of mechanical discipline
- Assuring quality awareness through lessons learned implementation, technical notes issuing and resolutions of top issues
- Coordinating and supporting the outsource engineering resources, monitoring their quality, timing and productivity
- Collaborating to create and update internal tools in order to leverage standardization and robust design
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering with relevant work experience in Engineering/Technology.
- Be able to use design/modelling software such as parametric 3D CAD (NX or similar) and 2D (Autocad)
- Have a basic knowledge of industrial manufacturing process and materials
- Show knowledge of International Standard and capability to model physic behavior through specific tools (ANSYS, CAESAR, Matlab/Simulink);
- Be a clear thinker: make decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information
- Show interpersonal skills and ability to interface effectively with different levels of the organization and external Customers
- Be familiar with turbo-machinery plant integration, maintenance procedure and site installation
- Be fluent both in English and Italian and hold an EU work permit
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our
customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you! About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 23:01:36 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net