Job title: Lead Design for Serviceability Systems Integration Leader
Company: General Electric
Job description: The Design for Serviceability Systems Integration Leader will collaborate with internal systems and design engineers and field teams during new product development, acting as the Services lead in Engineering for Onshore and Nearshore programs from a systems perspective.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be a part of the design team of new Onshore and Nearshore products and provide wind turbine system expertise through all phases of product development throughout the product lifecycle.
- Own and drive Services design reviews for your assigned Onshore and Nearshore programs
- Coordinate with Services Engineers and field expertise on ensuring installation, repair, planned maintenance, and reliability of a new product are designed, developed, validated, and executed in accordance with product requirements and program deliverables.
- Collaborate directly with new unit segment engineering teams on system trade-offs, optimization, and value creation focused on Serviceability impacts to product critical-to-quality attributes (CTQs)
- Contribute to and approve system level requirements via Design Memos
- Contribute to and approve customer-facing technical documents and specifications
- Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through analysis, preparation, and presentation of technical material to internal and external audiences
- Establish design strategies, contribute to multi-generation system and technology plans in conjunction with Installation, Repairs, Productivity, and Reliability engineering.
- Contribute to new and revised Design Practices
- Demonstrate effective risk identification, mitigation strategy, and execution on current/future Onshore and Nearshore products, including leading FMEA failure identification and validation
- Drive simplification and standardization of best practices into engineering analyses, validation, and design execution
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in wind turbine field services/operations and/or wind turbine design
- EU Work Permit
- Self-directed with a proactive mindset
- Ability to assess and manage risk
- Ability to break down ambiguous problems, brainstorm solutions, and put together a team of stakeholders to resolve issues
- Strong capability to define verifiable technical product requirements
- Attention to detail and able to follow structured work methods
- Systems thinking, previous experience with systems-level roles
- Proven leadership capability
- Strong quality and safety awareness
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills at various levels of the business and with external parties
- Ability & willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Team player who can work with multicultural, cross-functional team
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net