Job title: Lead Advanced Tech Engineer (Multi-body Sim Focus)
Company: General Electric
Job description: As a Lead Advanced Tech Engineer (Multi-body Sim Focus), you will be responsible to develop state-of-the-art multi-body simulation tools, models, & methods for onshore wind turbine design. Within this role (as your skills and interest align), you may also have opportunity to do advanced development in system dynamics, loads, probabilistic design, design optimization, and advanced validation.
- Multi-body simulation (Simpack) – Develop, implement, & maintain state of the art multibody simulation capabilities.
- Secondary (as skills and interests align)
- System Dynamics – Advance the state-of-the-art tools that enable prediction & design guidance for system dynamics & stability related issues.
- Probabilistic Design – Research, develop, & deploy advanced probabilistic & reliability analysis methodologies to understand & take advantage of component & wind turbine margins to improve LCOE.
- System Optimization – Develop & execute on system value optimization methods or opportunities across the wind energy system (from turbine or component customization to farm/application space).
- Load/Design Methods – Research, develop, & deploy improved wind turbine loads & design methods & processes to drive accuracy, fidelity, & value optimization.
- Advanced Validation – Validate the new methods, models, or tools developed by SMDT
- Responsibilities include:
- Research, develop, verify/validate, document, and deploy state-of-the-art software tools, methods, criteria, and best practices
- Provide support improving wind turbine modeling
- Perform tasks that encompass the full software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, test case creation, coding, testing, debugging, maintenance, etc.
- Integration of the software tools into existing toolchains
- Provide support for root cause analysis
- Support the development of improved control that better accounts for the true wind turbine system dynamics
- Develop training material and user guides
- Collaborate with a global and cross-functional team adhering to agile processes and coding standards
- B.S. + 5 yrs experience or M.S. / Ph.D. in Mechanical, Wind, Systems, Computer, Software, or Aerospace Engineering from accredited university (or equivalent)
- 3 yrs experience using/running multi-body simulation tools (e.g., Simpack, Adams, Bladed, HAWC2)
- 1 yr experience developing multi-body simulation models, processes, and tools
- Ability to develop engineering software, perform scientific computing, adopt coding, collaborate best practices, and learn new languages. Working knowledge of Python or similar.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex/technical information and to work effectively in global cross-functional teams
- EU Work Permit
- M.S. / Ph.D. in Mechanical, Wind, Systems, Computer, Software, or Aerospace Engineering from accredited university (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated Simpack experience
- in applying Simpack in engineering design applications
- in optimizing Simpack simulation run time
- in building/validating Simpack models
- in interconnecting other software with Simpack
- Demonstrated software development experience
- in current frontend development technologies (ECMAScript 6, TypeScript, HTML5, Angular 2+, etc.)
- in developing databases
- Demonstrated engineering experience
- in performing wind turbine load simulations in Simpack, Flex5, SIMPACK, Bladed, ADAMS or other multibody software
- in wind turbine system dynamics & stability: aeroelasticity, linear and nonlinear system theory, aerodynamics, fluid-structure interaction, structural dynamics, rotor dynamics
- in probabilistic design, reliability & risk analysis, & failure probability assessment
- in developing & improving load/design methods & driving them to commercial impact
- in developing aero kernel capabilities
- in developing advanced optimization algorithms; w/ micrositing, wind resource assessment, or wind modeling
- in field validation and co-simulation
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net