Job title: Lab Characterization Engineer for Discretes (f/m/div)
Job description: Lab Characterization Engineer for Discretes (f/m/div)*
At a glance
Do you enjoy working in an international environment and like to interact with different stakeholders internally and externally? Do you love working on new products and technologies and find joy in pulling on one string with a team of like-minded people? Then this is exactly the right job for you – Apply now and join our team at Villach site!
Jul 01, 2021
In your new job you will:
- Execute functional verification, develop test procedures and run characterization tests according to the verification plan
- Document measurement setups and methods
- Increase efficiency through automation of setups
- Execute measurements
- Interpret measurement results
- Provide characterization/measurement reports and measurement support
- Support Design Engineers and Technology Development Engineers in case of measurement issues
You think and act cooperatively and quickly establish successful collaborations with your colleagues and other teams at Infineon. With your structured working style, you ensure that deliverables are complete in high quality and remain aware of the big picture even in complex situations.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A Higher Technical School (HTL) or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Microelectronics or comparable
- First experience with measurement equipment like scopes and meters
- Work experience in component verification / measurement techniques as a plus
- Programming skills as e.g. Matlab, VBA, C
- Hardware skills as e.g. analog circuit development, PCB design
- Knowledge of IGBTS, MosFETs and Gate driver applications is advantageous
- Fluent English skills with German skills as a plus
We are filling this position through one of our partners. A valid work permit for Austria or EU citizenship is a prerequisite for this position. This position is subject to the collective agreement for workers and employees in the electrical and electronics industry, employment group E-F (https://www.feei.at/leistungen/informations-service/mindestlohne-und-gehalter-2020). A higher payment is negotiable depending on your expertise and skills.
Part of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
Industrial Power Control (IPC) empowers a world of unlimited energy – Power semiconductors play a crucial role in increasing efficiency and reducing energy losses along the whole energy conversion chain.
As the global leader in power semiconductors, Infineon IPC delivers leading products and solutions for smart and efficient energy generation, transmission and consumption. We strive to make this planet a greener place where sufficient energy is accessible to everyone – wherever and whenever they need it.
Click here for more information about working at IPC with interesting employee and management insights and an overview with more #IPCDreamJobs.
At Infineon in Villach you shape the technologies of tomorrow and work in an international environment with colleagues from more than 60 nations. Your personal contribution will be valued and appreciated as the cornerstones of our success. And all that in beautiful surroundings which guarantee a high quality of life.
The City of Villach is located in the center of Carinthia, Austria’s southernmost province, in close proximity to the Italian and Slovenian border. Due to its particular geographic location and the outstanding natural beauty of the region, Villach and the whole province of Carinthia have for generations been popular holiday destinations for people from all over the world. Living in Austria also has many social, health-care-related and economic perks. The country’s social and health care system is among the best in the world and for decades numerous international surveys have singled out Austria as a particularly safe and wealthy country with a high quality of life. Villach benefits from its status as a „small town“, offering everyday living at affordable prices in an outstanding setting.
Find out what you like most about Villach and join us:
- The term gender in the sense of the General Equal Treatment Act (GETA) or other national legislation refers to the biological assignment to a gender group. At Infineon we are proud to embrace (gender) diversity, including female, male and diverse.
Melanie Happerger, MSc
Talent Attraction Manager
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net