Job title: Junior Tax Associate
Job description: About BlaBlaCar
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
As a Tax Associate, you’ll work on a variety of French and International tax matters. Integrated in the Tax Team and part of our Corporate Finance Team, you will be joining a very skilled and motivated team of people, whose mission is to structure, analyze and forecast.
Reporting to the Tax Manager, your role will be to ensure tax compliance and support the group’s international growth on tax matters.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting other team members and operational staff in the analysis of situations encountered and proposing solutions on tax matters
- Analyzing the application of transfer pricing rules in order to identify improvements to be made and participate in the drafting of transfer pricing documentation and participate in the preparation of documentation/justification of intra-groupe re-invoicing
- Carrying out the CIT and VAT returns and follow-up of VAT refund claims in the European Union for all subsidiaries
- Carrying out certain reporting obligations in France and in foreign countries (e.g. simplified transfer pricing declarations, 242 bis)
- Providing assistance with tax audits and due diligences
- Conducting legal researches and drafting of memorandum on tax matters
- Studies in Taxation, Business Law and/or Finance
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindsetFluency in EnglishNice to have: any other language such as French, Russian, Portuguese
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Poland.
- 💡 Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‚Fail, Learn, Succeed‘ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- 🚀 Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- 🌱 Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- 💜 People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- 🧭 Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our
Your Future Benefits
- 🏡 Tailor-made remote policy: from 2/3 days per week (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call)
- 💰 A fair & competitive salary package
- 🚀Employee Stock Ownership plan
- 🎈Holidays: 9 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- 🌍 Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- 👶 Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- 🎒 Trainings & career development programs
- 🚗Free carpooling & 🚌 bus-rides wherever whenever
Interested in joining the ride? Here’s what your hiring journey will look like
- a 30-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills
- a 60-min video-call with
, Tax Manager * a 30-min video-call with
, VP Finance
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 07:03:57 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net