Job title: Junior Shop Mechanic
Job description: At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Join our Sulzer Turbo Services team, part of Sulzer Rotating Equipment Services (RES), which is one of the world’s most advanced independent providers of repair, overhaul, and maintenance within the turbine industry. From Venlo (Lomm) or on site, we provide our customers worldwide with solid, customer-oriented, and flexible support for their Compressors, Steam and Gas Turbines. Please join our proud and highly skilled international crew as a Junior Shop Mechanic.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Preparation and execution of mechanical inspection, disassembly, overhaul, troubleshooting, repair, and assembly on rotating equipment under the supervision of senior colleagues in our workshop or (incidentally) at our customers onsite.
- Accurate usage and creation of required project documentation (protocols, inspection reports, daily reports).
- Summarized: this is a great opportunity to grow and learn on the job from our highly experienced and skilled rotating equipment specialists.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A technical vocational education background.
- At least 1 year of experience in a mechanical repair environment, preferably with rotating equipment.
- Fluent English language skills.
- To communicate in Dutch or German (is an added advantage).
- A customer oriented and flexible attitude.
- To be able and willing to work irregular schedules from time to time.
- To be able and willing to international travel.
Sulzer offers an excellent package of benefits (CAO Metalektro), including:
- A more than competitive salary,
- Flexible working hours,
- A generous number of holidays (40),
- A solid pension scheme,
- Training opportunities,
- Company restaurant at the facility with tasty and healthy options,
- Bicycle plan, company fitness, and more.
We are based in Lomm (close to Venlo), which is a great place to live. You can choose to live with the benefits of a city like Venlo, Eindhoven or Nijmegen which are all within an hour of travel or in the quieter villages close to our facility. Venlo is known as a strategic European logistic hub, close to the German border, with the availability of a highway network into all directions and easy access to international airports of Eindhoven, Düsseldorf and Weeze. Located with a National Park (Maasduinen) in the backyard of our office you can spend your lunchtime with a healthy walk with your colleagues.
Please send us your application including a complete resume and short motivation letter via the online tool.
International applicants are welcome to apply. No visa or work permit support can be provided for this role.
Have a question about the role?
Reach out to Rob Salden, HR Business Partner (+31(0)77 4738666). We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated: We have already chosen our recruitment channels for this vacancy and therefore kindly request recruitment services (secondment / recruitment and selection) not to contact us.
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
82% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work – so come and join our story, starting today!
Location: Lomm, Limburg
Job date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 22:23:52 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net