Job title: Junior scientific front-end developer
Job description: At Acellera ( ), we are looking for an enthusiastic, talented and self-managed junior front-end engineer to develop Acellera’s state-of-the-art scientific applications and PlayMolecule ( ), a drug discovery platform used by thousands of scientists worldwide, pharmas and biotech companies. Acellera values excellence, merits and scientific innovation above anything else.
Your work will focus on developing and improving the front-end for our various scientific applications, including physical-based molecular simulations and machine learning/AI, thus contributing to the company mission of accelerating the transition towards a computerized drug discovery process. The development of the platform will be done in conjunction with scientists of different backgrounds such as biology, computational chemistry or mathematics, so the position should be particularly appealing to individuals with general scientific knowledge.
Founded in 2006, Acellera was one of the first companies worldwide to leverage the use of novel accelerator processor technology (GPU) for molecular simulations. Among our clients, we count 10 of the top 50 pharmaceutical companies. We were selected as one of the Top30 AI Drug Discovery companies in 2019. Our software includes PlayMolecule, ACEMD, HTMD, KDEEP, etc. and it’s used by hundreds of users both in academia and the private sector. In particular, PlayMolecule.com was one of the first platforms to democratize the use of molecular dynamics and machine learning applications for drug discovery.
Acellera is based within the informatics and innovation hub of Barcelona (Spain), however we are also open to work with a fully remote developer (contractor) within European Time Zones. Note that you need to have a valid EU work permit to apply to this position.
Here is what you will do:
- Grow the capabilities, usability and overall impact of Playmolecule.com for scientists
- Develop PlayMolecule front-end and server-side functionalities
- Help design new interactive interfaces for goal-oriented drug discovery applications
- Contribute to software engineering in Acellera, including standard software engineering practice such as version control of apps, documentation, release schedule and continuous integration in testing environments
- Full time, permanent contract or a contractor contract in case of fully remote.
- A competitive salary, aligned to market practices and cost of living in Barcelona.
- Flexible environment with a good balance between professional and personal life.
- Possibility to grow professionally with us
- Very good programming and software engineering skills with Python and a very solid basis of Linux, git and github collaborative development practices.
- Previous experience in the full-stack design of web applications and front-ends
- Knowledge of GOlang, C++, etc is positively evaluated
- Fluent in English
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net