Job title: Junior Business Developer
Company: Kubota Holdings Europe
Job description: The position is based in Nieuw Vennep, the Netherlands
Company Name – Kubota Holdings Europe Company
Location – Nieuw-Vennep, North Holland, Netherlands
Fluency in Spanish or French is a mandatory requirement for this position.
About Kubota Group & Kubota Innovation Center Europe (ICE)
Kubota Corporation has been a leading manufacturer of agricultural, turf, hay and construction equipment since 1890. With World Headquarters in Osaka Japan, approximately 40,000 employees and offices in more than 110 countries throughout North America, Europe and Asia, Kubota achieved revenues last year over $16 billion.
In June 2019 Kubota Corporation established Innovation Centers (IC). Starting in Japan and Europe for the creation of new business ventures, products, and services in Kubota’s fields of business including agriculture and construction. Working together with external partners, the Innovation Centers should foster open innovation for proactive engagement with ICT, AI, Telmatics and other advanced technologies, to accelerate the creation of new business, products, and services.
Junior Business Developer
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. (Confucius).
The agriculture sector is one of the most dynamic in digital transformation within the COVID19 pandemic era since issues like labor shortage & lack of food impact the whole ecosystem. In the Kubota ICE team, we are actively learning from cross-industrial innovation & start-up investments and applying those principles into our traditional business approach. Are you interested in digital transformation and in which way it changes the traditional business of machinery equipment producers in the agriculture sector? Do you want to invest in start-ups with us? Then you found the right place at Kubota Innovation Center in Nieuw-Vennep and you would like to join our enthusiastic team!
In June 2019 Kubota Corporation established Innovation Centers (IC). Starting in Japan and Europe for the creation of new business ventures, products, and services in Kubota’s fields of business including agriculture and construction. Working together with external partners, the Innovation Centers should foster open innovation for proactive engagement with ICT, AI, Telematics and other advanced technologies, to accelerate the creation of new business, products, and services. More about the open innovation approach by Kubota here.
Currently, we will need a team player who will work in sparring with the Business Development Manager and General Manager/CTO of the Innovation Center.
- Validating and launching business ideas, addressing international & regional market segment, with high speed from idea to seed-stage / proof-of-concept, to scale-up
- Continuously develop hypotheses and validate them (e.g. through interviews with experts, farmers, etc.)
- Drive the commercial implementation and develop a partnership and establish a go-to-market model that will enable rapid scale-up
- Set priorities, targets for projects
- Run customer journey maps to define farmer’s pain points
- Organize & execute Design Thinking workshops with ICE team
- Scout for start-ups and promising tech partners
- Master’s degree, preferably in Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation or any other related field
- Experienced intrapreneur/entrepreneur/business or start-up leader with a passion for driving game-changing, sustainable business innovation in food and agriculture
- A proven track record of bringing business ideas to life is preferable
- Experience in building and scaling new businesses in a high-paced environment
- Experience in Customer Development Process & Design Thinking is preferable
- Willingness to shape and build a market that does not yet exist
- Strong communicator with a high level of empathy
- Strong result orientation and drive, high proactiveness, forward-thinking
- Comfortable working both in-person and remotely
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are required. Another European language is mandatory (French, Spanish)
We can only consider candidates from the European Union or with a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
Due to the large number of applicants, the department will prioritize the most qualified for the role in question. Only candidates who fall within this category will be contacted.
Job date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 06:27:18 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net