Job title: Java Backend Engineer (m/f/x)
Job description: OUTFITTERY is the biggest personal shopping service for men in Europe. We are a company for those who want a little more when it comes to their own style – more guidance and expertise, fewer rules and less routine. This is because we believe that style is an unfolding story. We aim to inspire and not dictate what to wear. We understand that style is a journey, and we are here to guide the way. Our every customer gets a personal selection of clothes, which our stylists create out of more than 100 brands – always having in mind the customers‘ wishes and budget. In the end, the customers pay only for the items they keep. This way, we get closer to fulfilling our mission, which is to empower anyone to unlock their true style.
About the tech teams:
We are 35 engineers who work in teams of 3 to 6 engineers. We believe in keeping the teams small. Each team is responsible for their part of the platform – from concept through development until deployment and operation.
Our product managers are integrated into the dev teams and we work very closely together with our data scientists. Together we transform Outfittery towards a truly data driven vision that relies on machine learning algorithms to steer our business and thus our platform, too.
We’ve split this platform into ~60 microservices that communicate via direct REST calls and asynchronous messaging via RabbitMQ and Kafka. These services are written in Java, Groovy, and Kotlin. Our web applications use ReactJS. Overall we are pretty happy with this tech stack but we are planning to evolve that setup in the future. Currently we are in the process of migrating our deployment over to AWS. You could be part of the team as a Java Backend Engineer (m/f/x).
This will be your responsibilities:
- Building new and contributing to existing features that enable our customers to unlock their style.
- Optimizing and automating processes to enable us to reliable scale our services for our customers and internal users.
- Ensuring documentation and specifications of technical features and projects within the team.
- Responsibility for your subject matters to continuously improve our code, processes and projects.
- Taking part in our software design evaluation process within the team.
This is what we like about people joining our team:
- You are familiar with current JVM stacks, having a proven track record of 2-3 years with Java and Spring Boot.
- Dedicated to delivering clean and stable code with experience in best practices for code review/pair programming.
- You have a DevOps mindset for monitoring and deploying code.
- Strong communication skills – fluent English is a must in our international team.
- Self-responsibility and proactiveness with a sense for excellence.
- Training opportunities – The development of our employees is very important for us. Therefore we offer external and internal training and coaching, as well as free German courses.
- Flexible working hours – By offering home office and flexible working hours, we give our employees the opportunity to make their everyday life efficient.
- Employee discounts – Our employees can benefit from a 40% discount on OUTFITTERY products as well as various discounts via our partner portal Corporate Benefits.
- Office – A newly refurbished, bright, open office space in Berlin – Kreuzberg – we have air-conditioning, too. As a company we decided to enable WFH until August 2021 so you have the comfort of your home during this pandemic. If you wish to pay a visit to the office, you are welcome! You can book shared desk space upfront via our office management.
- Health – We like sports – do you? To promote health and well-being of our colleagues we offer in-house (offline) sport activities such as Yoga, KungFu and Kicker Tournaments. Besides, we offer corporate health days on a yearly basis together with our partner TK. On top, we are proud to have a dedicated Mental Health coach in our team who supports in cases of professional and personal matters.
Intrigued? Then send us your application with your salary expectations and possible starting date. Your contact person is Christian Richter
Apply for this Job
First Name *
Last Name *
Location (City) *
Drop files here
Drop files here
Certificates and reference letters
Drop files here
How did you hear about this job? *
When is your earliest start date? *
What is your visa status? Do you now or in the future need visa sponsorship? *
Please let us know if you already have a working permit/blue card to work within the EU, if you have a job seeker visa or what your citizenship is.
The provision of this data is in principle voluntary. However, if you refrain from providing the non-optional data, we cannot carry out the application process.
We ask you not to send any information that cannot be used under the German General Equal Treatment Act (Gleichbehandlungsgesetz). This includes in particular direct or indirect information on race, ethnic origin, gender, religion or ideology, age or sexual identity. Similarly, you should not send any information on illnesses, pregnancy, political views, philosophical or religious convictions, membership of a union, physical or mental health or sex life. Furthermore, we ask you to refrain from sending information that may possibly infringe the rights of third parties (in particular their copyrights and personal rights). In the event that you nevertheless send us such data, you hereby explicitly consent to us using them.
Please read our
Die Bereitstellung dieser Daten ist zwar grundsätzlich freiwillig. Ohne dass Sie die nicht-optionalen Daten bereitstellen, können wir das Bewerbungsverfahren aber nicht durchführen. Bitte übermitteln Sie keine Informationen, die nach dem allgemeinen Gleichbehandlungsgesetz nicht verwertbar sind. Dazu zählen insbesondere direkte oder indirekte Informationen zur Rasse, ethnischer Herkunft, Geschlecht, Religion oder Weltanschauung, Alter oder sexueller Identität. Ebenfalls nicht übermittelt werden sollten Informationen zu Krankheiten, Schwangerschaft, politischen Anschauungen, philosophischen oder religiösen Überzeugungen, Mitgliedschaft in einer Gewerkschaft, körperlicher oder geistiger Gesundheit oder Sexualleben. Weiterhin bitten wir Sie davon abzusehen, Informationen zu übermitteln, die geeignet sind, Rechte Dritter (insbesondere Urheberrechte und Persönlichkeitsrechte Dritter) zu verletzen. Für den Fall, dass Sie dennoch solche Daten übermitteln, willigen Sie hiermit explizit in deren Verwendung durch uns ein.
Job date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 05:09:02 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net