Job title: IT Support Officer and Backup Office Management Assistant A2 (L)
Company: Embajada Britanica
Job description: View Vacancy – IT Support Officer and Backup Office Management Assistant (ESP21.494)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Information Technology Services
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
A part time vacancy has become available as IT Support Officer and Backup Office Management Assistant in the ICT section of Corporate Services based in Barcelona.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining high standards of service whilst meeting the diverse requirements of IT security and systems integrity. You will also act as backup to general office support requirements.
We are looking for a highly professional individual, well organised and adept at juggling competing demands, as well as being able to manage customer and central IT department expectations.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively maintain and support ICT desktop and infrastructure systems.
- Carry out system monitoring, problem resolution and oversee fault escalation procedures.
- Setup remote management for client systems.
- Network design.
- Ability to support video-conferencing and hybrid meetings for internal and external events.
- Work additional hours (including occasional weekends) and travel as required.
- Proactively work to improve the quality of service and effect change, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of with stakeholders.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Strong oral and writing skills: able to produce quality communications and IT user guides that are easy to follow for users at all levels; escalate incidences to 2nd-3rd level support.
- Good IT and networking skills with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft products (MS Windows 10/MS Office 365)
- LAN design and WIFI networks.
- Telephony and VoIP
- Hardware/software skills: able to change printer/workstation components as well as troubleshooting general hardware and software issues.
- Able to carry out physical duties – lifting equipment up to 25kg, install cabling and connections throughout office i.e. under desks, in patch cabinets and server rooms.
- Strong customer services skills.
- Fluency at a C level (oral and written) both in English and Spanish.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Previous experience of providing IT training.
- A recognised IT qualification, i.e. European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) or ITIL.
- Fluency in Catalan
Changing and Improving, Building Capability for All, Managing a Quality Service, Demonstrating Resilience
17 November 2021
Type of Position
Working hours per week
Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Type of Post
British Consulate General
Number of vacancies
20 December 2021
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a part-time, permanent contract for A2 grade, for 12 months. Normal working hours are 20 hours per week.
The successful candidate is subject to a confirmation of a background check, security clearance and the successful completion of a probationary period.
The successful candidate will be enrolled in the Spanish Social Security Scheme and will therefore not be entitled to any gratuity from the Embassy based on gross annual salary.
The Embassy is a Diplomatic Mission with tax exempt status and does not collect taxes for other States. Employees are fully responsible for payment of income tax at the legally required rate. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Spain are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Spanish employment law.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Spain and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
- Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link . Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
es España (Spanish)
Para las empresas
Encuéntranos en las redes sociales:
Obtener la aplicación Monster
- Este servicio utiliza la clasificación ESCO de la Comisión Europea
- Todos los Derechos Reservados
- Monster Worldwide S.L. – Vía de los Poblados nº 9, Edificio Trianon, Bloque B, 5ª planta, Madrid 28033
- VAT No: B82099102 – N.I.F. n° B-82313982, debidamente inscrita en el Registro Mercantil de Madrid al Tomo 14.301, Libro 1, Folio 105, Sección 8, Hoja M-235903, inscripción 1a; titular de este Sitio Web.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net