Job title: IT Assistant – Part-time
Job description: Job Title: IT Assistant Part-time
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Duration: 6 months / Part-time 32hrs/week
Starting date: ASAP
Line manager: IT Administrator
Technical Referent (if applicable): IT Administrator
Protection International (PI) is an international not-for-profit organisation registered in Belgium with regional offices in Africa and Mesoamerica, and presences in Thailand, Indonesia, Kenya, DR Congo, Colombia, Guatemala, Honduras and Belgium. PI stands for the right to defend rights and for freedom from attacks to those who defend them. PI tailors its approach to each context and profile of defenders we support.
General Objective of the position
The IT Assistant at Protection International Head Office in Brussels is responsible for assisting in management, procurement, maintenance and upgrade of IT Assets, and the overall IT environment in Brussels, and in the field offices both remotely, locally, and during field visits. The IT Assistant should support the IT Officer, and IT Administrator in devising, planning, and testing endpoint configurations in close collaboration with the IT Officer. He/she is also responsible to proactively communicate, and explain IT services to all staff to guarantee adaptation, and secure usage. He/she is also responsible to provide guidance to IT consultants in the field, as well as coordinate, and communicate with external IT providers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Remote, and local IT support of Windows/Linux clients, and smartphones with guidance by the IT Officer.
- Assistance in administration and support of IT systems, servers and user management
- Communication, and coordination with external IT providers in close cooperation with the IT team
- Provide remote support, and guidance to local IT consultants in close cooperation with the IT Team
- Required relevant university degree in IT (or equivalence in experience)
- Preferred relevant professional training courses (Human Rights Defenders, humanitarian and development sector, management, etc
- Required minimum 2 years of Experience in IT
- Preferred proven experience in IT support of systems and users
Skills & Knowledge
- Highly organised/time management, and capable to function in a remotely dispersed IT Team
- At least 2 years of prior experience as IT system administrator (Windows/Linux Client, LibreOffice, MS Office).
- Experience, interest, and commitment to migrate more of our IT services towards open standards, and open source solutions
- Enthusiastic, self-starter who is able to work autonomously, under pressure, in a global, and decentralized environment, and think outside the box
- Capacity to communicate clearly and effectively complex (technical) topics to an expert, and non-expert audience
- Experience, interest, and strong commitment to provide remote support and proactively engage, and support staff worldwide to resolve IT problems
- Knowledge of digital security and ability to provide advice and implement digital security practices
- Required fluently spoken and written English
- Preferred good knowledge of either Spanish or French, or both
- EU citizen or currently holder of a work permit to work in Belgium.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net