Job title: IOM: Project Assistant
Job description: Office of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in the Slovak Republic is seeking for a candidate for the position Project Assistant. Under the general supervision of the Head of IOM Office in Bratislava and the Coordinator of the European Migration Network (EMN) Activities in the Slovak Republic the Project Assistant will be mainly responsible for the EMN research and networking activities as well as for the overall support of the EMN Coordinator.
About the position:
Position Title: Project Assistant
Duty Station: Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Classification: General Service Staff, GV (monthly base salary of 1,490 EUR)
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term Contract – 3 months (40 hours/week)
Estimated Start Date: 1 February 2021
Closing Date: 5 January 2021
Core functions / Responsibilities:
The Project Assistant is responsible for:
- Assist in liason with the European Commission, Member States´ EMN National Contact Points, members of the EMN National Steering Board, experts of the National Contact Point, as well as with other external experts and/or project partners who are or could be part of the national migration network.
- Participate in the EMN meetings organised by the European Commission and/or provide necessary expert support for the meetings.
- Participate in other EMN meetings between EU Member States related to different EMN/migration topics.
- Conduct desk research, review policies, legislation and trends within the topics relevant for the EMN. Draft analyses, reports and share knowledge of gathered outcomes (through e.g. briefs, articles, etc.).
- Draft assigned EMN reports, studies and other EMN outputs.
- Act as a SK focal point for the work related to the EMN Annual Report on Migration.
- Act as a SK NCP member and contributor to the work of the EMN working groups (e.g. related to the preparation of the EMN Glossary, EU roundtables).
- Draft and assist in implementation of assigned EMN meetings and events, such as seminar/conferences, working meetings, roundtables, webinars, presentations, and others. Administer the organization and logistics of assigned meetings and events.
- Act as a focal point for the work related to the preparation and implementation of the EMN Educational Seminar.
- Co-chair or conduct assigned EMN national working meetings.
- Contribute to the activities related to the visibility of the EMN, dissemination of the EMN outcomes and promotion of the EMN activities (via different national/international events, website, social media etc.).
- Support, complement and participate in the awareness raising activities aimed at specific target groups as well as wider public.
- Support the EMN Coordinator in the overall planning and successful implementation of EMN activities according to the EMN work programme.
- Contribute to the identification of new possibilities for project activities and synergies arised from the expressed donors’ needs, EMN priorities and in line with IOM’s mandate and strategy.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed bachelor or master’s degree from an accredited academic institution in Political Science, International Relations, Social Science or a related field and minimum of 3 years experience in migration topic connected to research, liaison and networking or high school certificate and minimum of 5 years of experience in migration topic connected to research, liaison and networking.
- Experience in migration field (desk research, analyzing information and data, knowledge of Slovak and EU context);
- Experience in developing, organizing and implementing different kinds of events/meetings
- Experience in working with governments, civil society, EC;
- Experience in implementation of EU funded projects;
- Required: Fluency in Slovak and English (oral and written).
- Demonstrated record of establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with governmental authorities, EC, national stakeholders, civil society;
- Excellent orientation in broader migration context;
- Excellent communication, organisational and writing skills.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send their applications – CV and Cover Letter to iombratislavaHR@iom.int by 5 January 2021 23:59 (Bratislava time) at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts profiles duly filled in and submitted with a motivation letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for applications.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Expected salary: €1490 per month
Location: Bratislava, Bratislavský kraj
Job date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 08:41:22 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net