Job title: Industry PhD
Company: Softwerk AB
Job description: Vision and Goal – Drive the AI revolution
With leverage of Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Data Analytics, and Machine Learning we have a strong belief that we can create new values in our current and future projects. Softwerk is currently operating a big number of projects for customers all around Europe and most of them are data intensive.
Field of subject for the position: Computer Science
Placement: Softwerk AB in Växjö in collaboration with the Department of Computer Science and Media Technology, at Linnaeus University in Växjö.
Softwerk is setting up an AI group that will help, enhance and innovate in projects across the organizations offering. The group that already exists will be enhanced by You and the main focus will be image recognition and processing. Tasks will include but may not be limited to:
- Evaluate and develop already existing algorithms from a theoretical perspective
- Specialize and customize algorithms together with product specialists and market domain experts
- Participate in discussions to find new uses for AI / ML technologies in existing data intensive projects
Duties consist mainly of the following
Graduate studies in the field of Computer Science, with a doctoral degree as the goal. The PhD thesis should be completed and defended within the official appointment duration of five years (20% research education, 60% work related to the research area, 20% other work for Softwerk AB).
- Research in the field Big Data, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Visualization, Sensors and Content Management.
- Regularly present intermediate research results at international conferences, workshops and publish them in conference proceedings and journals.
General entry requirements
- Has been awarded a second-cycle qualification
- Has satisfied the requirements for courses comprising at least 240 credits of which at least 60 credits were awarded in the second-cycle, or has acquired substantially equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad.
Specific entry requirements
- Approved courses of a minimum of 90 credits in the subject Computer and Information Science or the equivalent
- An individual study project of a minimum of 15 credits in the subject Computer and Information Science, or the equivalent.
Good programming skills (in for example Java, C#, or Python), and a solid training in mathematics and theoretical computer science. Documented expertise and working experience within at least two of the following research and educational areas is a great advantage:
- Big data analytics
- Data visualization
- Machine learning
- Sensor Data
- Content Management
- Parallel processing
Because of the interdisciplinary character of the project and LNUC DISA ( ), the candidate should be an enthusiastic person who is interested in making sense of large and complex data sets of various types as well as capable of working both independently and within a group. Teamwork experiences should be documented in the application.
High proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
Applicants will be selected through a qualitative overall assessment of the competences and skills, assessed most suitable to conduct research and to contribute to a successful development of the research environment.
About Softwerk AB
Softwerk is a software development company based in the southern Swedish city of Växjö, our own little Silicon Valley. The company was founded by two employees of the Department of Computer Science at Linnaeus University in 2008, and has grown to over 30 employees since. All live and breathe coding. With one leg in the academic world and the other in the commercial, our software solutions are always in the scientific and technological vanguard. That’s how we’re able to provide the most valuable products to our customers.
At Softwerk we value education. You will find yourself among people with an academic background. Most of our employees have a Master’s degree… or two. But we all love to apply this knowledge in industry.
Why work at Softwerk?
- As an employee of Softwerk you have a great influence over your work situation with flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- We offer you a place in a creative and international environment among highly technical skilled co-workers.
- We care about your health and give you wellness allowance that can be used for workout or massage. We are located in newly renovated premises in the I11 area in Växjö, close to the gym, restaurants and good public transport.
- Since we believe that knowing Swedish is an important part of being well integrated in the Swedish society, we have our own Swedish teacher who offers Swedish lessons to all employees in need of that. We take care of all matters regarding work permit applications. Softwerk AB is certified by the Swedish Migration Agency.
- You will get a solid introduction and a mentor who will be the person to go to for any questions you may have during your first period of employment.
- You will be taking part in interesting development projects – most of our projects are executed from our office in Växjö.
- You will be challenged and work in an agile environment with technology on the forefront.
Linnaeus University Centre for Data Intensive Sciences and Applications
The rapid development of sensors, computing, communication, and storage technologies provides us with access to previously unknown amounts of data—Big Data. It has revolutionized research communities and their scientific methodologies and innovated the approaches to knowledge and theory building, validation, and exploitation in the Sciences and the Humanities. With the foundation of a Linnaeus University Center on “Data Intensive Sciences and Applications” (DISA, ) in Jan 2017, Big Data has officially become a research profile at Linnaeus University. Softwerk is working in close collaboration with DISA and is a part of the industry graduate school for Data Intensive Applications ( ).
For more information, please contact
+46 70 736 15 77
Your application should be mailed to no later than 2021-04-01. The application must include a cover letter (with a motivation why the candidate wants to pursue this PhD project) and a resume. In addition, a link to the candidate’s Master’s thesis should be provided.
Location: Växjö, Kronoberg
Job date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 06:07:02 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net