Job title: Head of Product, Ownership & Retention
Job description: Job Summary:
As the lead product role for the Ownership & Retention Prod-Eng teams, you will be key to creating products that fulfil Cazoo’s ambitious growth plans and exceeding our customers‘ expectations.
As Head of Product you will manage the Ownership & Retention products portfolio and product teams. This is a critical group of products that covers everything to do with customer identity, lifecycle & retention. It covers consumer-facing applications such as our mobile apps and subscriptions management (e.g., recurring billing, managing mileage packages, changing payment, pay fines and invoicing for subscriptions), and how customers identify themselves and administer their accounts. As Cazoo scales to achieve it’s highly ambitious targets, it is absolutely critical that these systems evolve to meet an ambitious roadmap focused on growing sales and profit, whilst maintaining operational efficiency and ultimately a first class, delightful and frictionless customer experience.
Working closely with key teams such as Customer Services, Data, CRM and Operations, you are accountable for making decisions on the strategy, vision and execution for this product portfolio, and responsible for ensuring that your team has the resources and skills required to successfully deliver roadmaps.
Working closely with your engineering colleagues, you are ultimately responsible for making sure we’re building the right things for customers of your products. Your partners in engineering are responsible for making sure we build these things in the right way, but both of you care deeply about both things – it’s one team!
At Cazoo we believe in autonomous empowered Product-Engineering Teams. While there will be plenty of strong opinions across our business about what the right thing to build is, you and your teams are responsible for rapidly evaluating these ideas using experimentation and data to determine what is the right thing to build for our customers and business. Don’t expect to be dictated to or told what to build!
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountability for the Ownership & Retention products and teams, working very closely with stakeholders of those teams to define product vision, strategy, roadmap and execution for them by building and leading a team of Product Managers.
- Clearly communicating the story, value and roadmap for your products in non-technical terms – so that the whole business understands the value and why we’re doing it.
- Rapidly gain an understanding of your customers and business stakeholders and their pain points.
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding agreed product outcomes and key results across all the team’s Products.
- Agreeing clear objectives and results for team members aligned to key customer and business outcomes.
- Owning the ‚business results‘ including non-functional requirements, outreach and uptake within our business.
- Manage conflicting priorities, driving a high level of focus and excellence with a talented team.
- Identify and resolve impediments faced by the team; proactively raise risks or delays to commitments.
- Build and nurture a great team of Product Managers, and plan ahead for capability and capacity.
- Build and manage relationships with any 3rd parties related to your product suite.
- Lead discussions on the delivery of key programmes or initiatives, ensuring resources are aligned towards delivering those.
- Strong technical understanding – we don’t expect you to code, but you must understand how your products are technically architected and have an understanding of engineering and infrastructure best practices.
- You must be able to trade off near term results with long term issues such as tech debt and architecture considerations.
- Closely collaborate with engineering leaders to ensure the Product team capabilities are aligned with the technical strategy, keeping future roadmap into account and build team capabilities to match.
HoP Ownership & Retention-specific Responsibilities:
- Strong in systems thinking and conceptual modelling of abstract domains like “customer” and “subscription”.
- Understanding the full end-to-end customer lifecycle.
- Equally competent in discovering and delivering both customer-facing products (e.g., Mobile Apps, subscription self-serve tools, etc.) and technical products (e.g, APIs, data-pipelines, services and automation).
- Experienced in running A/B and MVT programs to optimise performance.
Product Management Practice:
- Provide leadership to continuously improve product management practice at Cazoo
- Proactively keep up to date with latest developments in product management thinking, process and techniques
- Champion Build Measure Learn, creating a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the product management discipline, especially in discovery and delivery methodologies
- Lead recruitment and interview process for Product Managers; ensure we are continually raising the bar for Product Management at Cazoo.
- Set the example of what great product management looks like.
We are looking for a Head of Product…
- with proven extensive expertise & experience in Product Management
- who demonstrates great coaching skills, having successfully developed top performing Product Managers
- who has excellent interviewing and hiring skills
- with proven experience in setting vision, strategy, and direction; ultimately in working out what the right things to build are (as opposed to being given these things or told what to build by someone else)
- with in-depth experience in leading great product teams and delivering products that create significant customer and business value
- dual track (discovery/delivery) agile experience; at Cazoo we’re big fans of Marty Cagan
- with excellent stakeholder management and facilitation skills
- with a passion for product management and the experience to back up their views
- with in-depth experience working directly with technical products like APIs, data-pipelines, services and automation…
- …and consumer facing UI-driven products such as Mobile Apps and subscriptions management.
- who can demonstrate the ability to think both strategically and tactically
- who is results-oriented (a bias to action) and able to motivate others, with a demonstrated ability to create clarity and action from ambiguity
- who is highly knowledgeable in multiple disciplines including product management, software engineering, logistics, ecommerce and sourcing data from 3rd parties
- who loves collaboration and has experience in leading cross-functional groups to swift decisions
- who has excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- with strong problem-solving skills and a methodical, analytical approach
- with fast, strong prioritisation and decision-making skills
- who excels in using both quantitative and qualitative data
** Candidates must have the right to work in Germany, or a valid work permit.
Location: München, Bayern
Job date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 23:18:13 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net