Job title: Head of Engineering for the Shop Area (m/f/d)
Company: Visual Meta
Job description: Sending applications for this position is currently not working. Try again later.
Head of Engineering for the Shop Area (m/f/d)
Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin
Your mission at Visual Meta? As a Head of Engineering for the Shop Area (m/f/d), you build, lead and empower software development teams with the mission to boost our shops and partners‘ success. You thrive by continuously improving our data-driven tool kit that ranges from a dashboard with recommendations based on inventory & performance data to a smart feed management tool.
Your challenges and tasks
- You share technical ideas and directions across the organization. You translate them with your strong communication skills for your audience and promote solutions off the beaten track
- Build, lead and motivate software development teams and empower them to grow further
- Facilitate and foster collaboration both within and beyond the teams and departments
- Ensure tight integration with both technical and non-technical teams, especially with our Product colleagues
- Be responsible for designing, planning and executing the software side of an ambitious roadmap
- Identify and evaluate key technologies for building a necessary toolkit for your partners including proper tracking solutions, inventory recommendations and feed quality suggestions
- Entrepreneurial and strategic mindset, thriving at the intersection of technology and business
- Experience in a tech leadership position (Head, Senior Lead) in a growing environment
- Advanced knowledge and many years of experience in developing production software with Java (or another JVM language)
- In-depth knowledge of agile software development principles and familiarity with OKRs
- Practical experience and knowledge in Cloud Technology (e.g. AWS)
- Self-Driven with a “getting things done” & “can do” mentality
- Eager to learn new technologies, techniques and extend knowledge
- Great communication skills and fluent in spoken and written English
- Angular, TypeScript and knowledge in API design is a plus
What we offer
- Be part of our agile environment, work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. Hackathons, TechTalks) with the opportunity to join Tech Conferences
- We love diversity – Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority – Benefit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility – With us, you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you – Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27+ vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together – Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability. Your designated Talent Acquisition Manager Lascha Barbakadze is looking forward to your application!
We are Visual Meta, a successful & profitable internet company founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from our well-designed office in the middle of Berlin, we run 13 comparison shopping portals in Europe under the brands LadenZeile and ShopAlike. Together, the sites drive up to 500,000 sessions a day, list 200 million offers from thousands of online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers by creating reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. We work with the professionalism of a successfully grown company, while fostering the culture of a start-up. Our office is like a micro melting pot, where inspired individuals from all over the world connect their cultures, ideas and skills. In an atmosphere that is built on appreciation – right from the start. Every one of our 219 employees plays a vital role in our success story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team!
Your application / …
Please fill out the following …
Email * Something went wrong
Do you currently hold a working permission for Germany? (e.g. EU, Blue Card, Visa) *
If so, what kind? *
Language skills and level *
Available from *
Please upload your CV, cover letter and university certificates. Feel free to attach more information about you.
Job date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 01:02:57 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net