Job title: Head of Cloud and VM certification (m/f/x)
Job description: Vizrt Austria GmbH is located in Vomp, just outside Innsbruck in the middle of the Alps. You will find yourself working in a modern environmentally friendly building. You will work together with international people where team spirit is king and work-life balance is not only a phrase. Besides developing core components of the Vizrt product family, being the sales and finance headquarter for the EMEA region and being the procurement and logistics center for the EMEA and APAC regions, Vizrt Austria is also responsible for certifying our products on various hardware (HW) platforms. To strengthen and broaden our leadership even more also on Cloud and Virtual Machine platforms (VM) we are now looking for a
Head of Cloud and VM certification (m/f)
to extend our HW certification team. You’ll complement the existing team with your expertise, will make sure that our products and solutions are properly certified on the various virtualization and cloud platforms and also will make sure the TCO for our customers is optimized.
Main duties and responsibilities:
As a Cloud and VM certification specialist you will
- Test small to large scale installations of our 20+ products on various cloud and virtualization platforms
- Optimize provisioning and TCO regarding cloud installations by providing guidance and instructions to our Sales and Customer Success teams
- Create whitepapers and best-practice documents
- Identify issues and devise solutions to problems in close cooperation with other departments like R&D and product management
- Work closely together with our HW certification team to identify and establish synergies
- Report directly to the Global Head of Procurement, Logistics and Certification
Required skills/competencies and experiences for this position:
- Several years of experience in working with virtualization (Vmware, Hyper-V, Virtual Box, etc.), containers, container orchestration and cloud technologies
- Experience as Cloud Engineer is a distinct advantage
- Proficient experience on cloud platforms like AWS/Azure/GCP
- Good knowledge in working with databases
- Good knowledge in Windows client and server OSs and Linux
- Expert knowledge in IT security topics related to cloud interconnection (VPN/firewalls)
- Experience with assessing risk, scoping, planning and executing tests for large-scale software systems
- High analytical skills, understanding complex setups and interactions
- Business fluency in English
Optional skills/competencies and experiences for this position:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent skills and experience
- Understanding and hands-on experience on classical IT infrastructure projects
- Experience in software development
- Experience in the media/broadcast industry.
We offer an exciting job in an expanding international company, with good salary and employment conditions. We feature a friendly and youthful working environment with highly skilled colleagues. You will also benefit from using the most modern software development technologies and methodologies. Actual compensation is market competitive and is dependent on individual professional experience and qualification.
Vizrt provides real-time 3D graphics, studio automation, sports analysis and asset management tools for the broadcast industry. This includes interactive and virtual solutions, animations, maps, weather, video editing and compositing tools. Vizrt has customers in more than 100 countries worldwide including such as CNN, CBS, Fox, the BBC, BSkyB, Al Jazeera, ITN, ZDF, Star TV, Network 18, TV Today, CCTV, NHK and the list keeps growing. This is possible thanks to over 600 engaged and very competent employees around the world. The global headquarter is in Bergen, Norway. Read more at www.vizrt.com.
If you find this interesting and want to be a part of our team submit your CV and application by clicking the “Apply now” button.
Please note: A valid EU working permit is required for this position.
We do not accept applications directly from external recruiting firms and headhunters whom we haven’t previously stipulated an agreement with. Candidates submitted this way will be considered as direct applicants and no hiring fee entitlement will arise for the recruitment firm.
Click here to read about our .
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net