Job title: Group Finance Director EC&A
Job description: Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
JOB DESCRIPTION – BUSINESS GROUP FINANCE DIRECTOR
The Transit Group is organized around 3 Business Groups, each led by a President: Energy, Comfort and Access, Brakes & Safety, Transit Services governing several sites and Product Lines.
The EC&A Business Group Finance Director is in charge of all Finance activities for the Business Group and its allocated sites. He/she is the Finance Business Partner of the Business Group president. He/she reports directly to the Transit Vice President, Finance and functionally to the Business Group Vice President.
He/she will accountable for the Business Group monthly financial performance management, budget and strategic planning, as well as the direct management of all Finance initiatives in the allocated sites of the Business Group. In this task, he/she will be assisted by a finance controller for the Business Group and will hierarchically manage the Finance directors of all Business Group allocated sites.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / MISSIONS
- Business Partner to the Business Group President
- Day-to-day support to review, pilot, forecast performance of the Business Group and its Product Lines and allocated sites
- Support in performance improvement and decision making, including providing guidance for investment business cases
- Controlling for the Business Group, its Product Lines and allocated sites, with the direct help of the Business Group controller :
- Budgeting and Strategic Planning processes
- Business Group, Product Lines and allocated sites monthly reporting
- Active participation to monthly site reviews
- Presenting the Business Group monthly Performance review to Transit management, alongside the Business Group president.
- Controlling and financial analysis at Business Group level
- Challenging Product Lines and allocated sites on their monthly performance
- Participating to project reviews of main Business Group projects
- Cash collection coordination for all Business Group allocated sites
- Control on Business Group main tenders
- Financial audits of projects or sites, if necessary
- Responsible for the Accounting of Business Group allocated sites :
- Checking Quarterly and year-end accounts of allocated sites
- Coordination of accounting choices and issues, in line with Group policies
- Compliance with accounting rules and norms
- Link between Corporate and allocated sites on all accounting matters
- Risk management for Business Group, Product Lines and allocated sites :
- In line with initiatives by Group Finance and Internal Control
- Improvement of allocated sites on Internal control
- Risk management on tenders and key projects
- Relay between the Transit Group as well as Corporate Headquarters and sites for all other finance matters, notably Tax, Treasury, Legal
- Direct hierarchical responsibility of 6 BU Finance Leaders who oversee all EC&A Product Lines and allocated sites’ Finance managers
- Support to M&A on acquisition or joint-venture projects identified by EC&A
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE / PROFILE
- The candidate must have a strong background and experience in finance roles with P&L and Cash generation responsibilities:
- Accounting knowledge in US GAAP; experience in an audit firm would be beneficial.
- Controlling skills and experience, in an international Group.
- Proven experience in long-term projects accounting is a must.
- Business partner experience in finance functions, at site or Business Group level.
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience.
- Fluent in both French and English.
- The candidate must have leadership and management skills in a matrix organization, the ability to work with or challenge executive committee members
- The candidate must have the capability to execute changes coupled with the ability to conceptualize tactical and strategic direction and to motivate other leaders are preconditions to succeed in this demanding and challenging role
- The candidate must be able to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues.
- The candidate must demonstrate result oriented and problem-solving attitude.
- The candidate must equally demonstrate resistance to stress, accuracy and rigor, team spirit and influential skills
Location in France, Gennevilliers
The successful candidate will be employed under local employment conditions and must already satisfy local employment/work permit and residency regulations.
Please note that we do not accept agency candidate submissions without a formalized agreement with Wabtec Talent Acquisition. If you are an agency/third party Recruiter and have not been engaged by Wabtec for this search, we do not owe you a fee if you submit a candidate to the applicant tracking system that is ultimately hired.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Location: Gennevilliers, Hauts-de-Seine
Job date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 23:40:07 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net