Job title: Grants Assistant Coordinator (Turkey)
Company: European Endowment for Democracy
Job description: The European Endowment for Democracy is looking for a Grants Assistant Coordinator to support its flexible democracy support work.
Specifically, EED is looking for support in the administrative and financial management of its grants in Turkey and other countries of EED operations.
As a minimum, candidates must have a thorough working knowledge of Turkish. Knowledge of other languages of EED operations would be an advantage.
1. Main functions of the post: * Supporting the management of EED grants, in close coordination with relevant staff, focusing on ensuring eligibility of costs, monitoring the financial management of the projects and compliance with contract stipulations;
- Providing guidance and assistance to EED grantees regarding the financial management of the grants;
- Preparing financial reports and other documentation for submission to EED donors.
2. Duties and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will work under the guidance of the relevant Grants Manager(s) and report to the Director of Operations, and shall be responsible for (in addition to the above-mentioned): * Directly reviewing financial reports from EED grantees (and all related supporting documents/invoices submitted by grantees in local languages) in order to verify eligibility of expenses;
- Assisting in the assessment of budgets of initial proposals for EED grants;
- Drafting contracts and all related contractual documentation;
- Ensuring compliance of grant implementation with EED contractual requirements;
- Ensuring internal grant administrative cycles (e.g. preparing internal memos etc.);
- Liaising with grantees to provide training, assistance and advice regarding the financial management of the grant, including support in preparing requests for addenda regarding changes in activity plans, budget revisions and project extensions;
- Coordinating with EED colleagues and sending consolidated feedback on financial and narrative reports to grantees;
- Collecting, verifying and aggregating data related to substantive, technical and financial implementation related to the different grants;
- Drafting comprehensive financial reports for EED’s donors and ensuring timely submission of such reports (with all required supporting documents), in compliance with contract stipulations;
- Supporting internal knowledge management and learning;
- Advising grantees on donor regulations;
- Coordinating with EED external consultant(s);
- Carrying out on-site monitoring missions, if required;
- Providing translation of short texts and/or commissioning/coordinating translation of more extensive documentation, as necessary;
- Performing other related tasks as required.
a. Conditions for eligibility:
o Preferably be a national or having permanent residence permit of one of the EU/EEA countries or Switzerland;
o Be entitled to his/her full rights as a citizen;
o Have completed any obligations imposed on him/her by the laws concerning military service;
o Be physically fit to perform his/her duties.
b. Essential selection criteria
Level and type of formal education:
o University degree in Economics, Business Management, International Affairs, International Development or related discipline.
o At least two years of proven full-time professional experience in civil society-related projects and programmes;
o Demonstrated track record in grant-making and/or project management (particularly from the administrative and financial perspective);
o Experience in working with democracy-support donors in government and/or international organisations and/or from civil society;
o Experience of working with civil society in the Turkey considered an asset.
o Full professional working knowledge of English (including ability to draft quality reports for donors);
o Thorough working knowledge of Turkish;
o Knowledge of other languages of EED operations considered an asset (ability to liaise with grantees orally and in writing and to verify documentation);
o Good knowledge of grant-making and project management;
o Ability to verify financial reports (including verification of all supporting documents);
o Ability to liaise with donors;
o Substantive understanding of political issues and trends in the European Neighbourhood and beyond as well as EU policies towards the region;
o Solid ICT skills, especially in Microsoft Excel;
o High drive for detail and precision;
o Ability to keep full confidentiality about all assigned tasks and related documentation as well as capacity to exercise confidentiality, discretion and tact when dealing with diverse groups of people;
o High degree of communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills;
o Ability to develop strong working relationships internally and externally at all levels;
o High personal and professional culture;
o Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
o Readiness for duty travel.
Please make sure you meet all required qualifications and experience before applying. Applicants must upload a cover letter, a CV (Europass format required), and contact information for three references via the Apply button below.
Failure to submit these three documents shall result in the exclusion of the applicant concerned from the selection procedure.
Applications should be submitted no later than 15 February 2021, midnight (Brussels time). Interviews will be planned for short-listed candidates. A written test may be organised.
The applications will not be returned to candidates but will be kept on file by the EED. The information provided in the applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
Terms of contract
EED is not an international organisation or EU institution and its employment contracts are fully based on Belgian Employment Law.
Indicative NET salary is around €2,200 per month with standard benefits foreseen under Belgian labour law (meal vouchers, 13th month salary etc.), with additional medical insurance.
The successful candidate will be offered a fixed term contract of two years.*
Expected start day at EED: as soon as possible
Working place: EED Secretariat located in the centre of Brussels, Belgium.
*The finalisation of the recruitment process will depend on the availability of foreseen donor funds.
Expected salary: €2200 per month
Location: Etterbeek, Brussel
Job date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 23:51:24 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net