Job title: Global Product Manager Sustainability
Job description: Global Product Manager Sustainability
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Are you passionate about sustainability and want an opportunity to shape and drive the product offering of our Control Systems towards a more sustainable future? Then this role is something for you! As a Product Manager within Process Control Platform (PCP), you will be a key member of the global Product Management team, which is responsible for shaping the requirements for our global product offering. Sustainability is a key value for ABB and our customers and as Product Manager within sustainability you will be responsible for developing and refining our sustainability offering. You will also be responsible for our product certifications and hardware related standards, like for example CE and Marine.
This position reports to
Global Product Management Manager
- Requirement elicitation for sustainable products: This includes close collaboration with the global HSE team and following legislations and trends globally. Opportunities, risks and positioning against competition is vital to the task.
- Sustainable product development: Develop and manage PCP’s sustainability strategy together with other key functions in our organization. Working with key stakeholders to align sustainability goals and ensure that the product strategy is being followed. Communicate sustainability requirements to stakeholders and R&D.
- Standards and certifications: Ensure that hardware certifications like, for example, marine and hazardous location are properly handled from notified bodies to requirements, and through development.
- Market analysis and Product values: Understand market trends and customer requests in the area of sustainability and certifications. Address needs, opportunities, risks and positioning against competition. Work with Product Marketing to define product customer value propositions.
- Innovation: Initiate and drive the sustainability offering across the organization. Work with cross-functional teams to find innovative solutions within sustainability in our products. Monitor market trends and changes to applicable standards to provide input to R&D for patent screening process and intellectual property rights protection.
- A Master´s degree in Engineering. Experience in Automation Field e.g in Distributed Control Systems or other related experience is beneficial.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in development, project management or product management.
- You are self-driven and goal-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- You are great at communication and able to deliver a complex message in a structured and clear way.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and have interest in and understanding of hardware certifications and legislations.
- Interest in and understanding of sustainability and its importance in the future is key to success.
- Proficient in English since you will be part of an international setting where you will get to exchange knowledge with people from all over the world.
More about us
Our Process Automation business offers a range of solutions for process and hybrid industries, including our industry-specific integrated automation, electrification and digital solutions, control technologies, software and advanced services, as well as measurement & analytics, marine and turbocharging offerings. Process Automation is #2 in the market globally. Based on its deep domain knowledge, experience and expertise in delivering world-class automation products, systems and solutions, a wide area of complimenting digital and collaborative solutions across applications and sectors, the Process Automation business helps customers remain competitive, improving their ROI and running safe and productive operations. The position is located in Sweden (Västerås or Malmö) or in Germany (Minden or Mannheim). Flexible work location is possible. Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for the intended locations. Recruiting Manager Thomas Thelin, +4640-55 00 02, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Magdalena Forsberg, +4621-34 47 19; Ledarna: Leif Öhrberg, +4621-34 23 25; Unionen: Krista Andersson, +4621-34 02 85. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Therese Ideblad, +46 725-53 80 40. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Hybrid
Location: Västerås, Västmanland
Job date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 02:02:13 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net